Thread: Nightline Censored By A Broadcasting Corp

thought this would be of significant interest to the World News forum:

http://www.upi.com/view.cfm?StoryID=...0-035346-2742r

the gist. names of u.s. soldiers killed in combat in Iraq, Nightline plans to read every single one of 'em on tonight's episode, and Sinclair (a company that owns a few dozen stations, including eight ABC affiliates) has replaced the show on their schedules with substitute programming. Sinclair says Nightline are a bunch of liberal scumbags trying to undermine support for the war/occupation, and they would rather see a fair and balanced program that glorifies the administration since Sinclair's executives have given a buncha money to Bush & Cheney. the tit-for-tat supposedly is that the Republicans support deregulation of broadcasting so that companies like Sinclair can own more & more stations per market and choke out the last vestiges of independent & locally owned TV/radio.

the article somehow manages to imply that Sinclair are complete wackos... despite all signs that Sinclair's actions are fair, reasonable, and only motivated by concern for the public interest rather than by petty politics.

2. The Drawing Room   -   #2
    Rat Faced's Avatar Broken
    and they would rather see a fair and balanced program that glorifies the administration since Sinclair's executives have given a buncha money to Bush & Cheney.

despite all signs that Sinclair's actions are fair, reasonable, and only motivated by concern for the public interest rather than by petty politics.

Am i missing something here?

An It Harm None, Do What You Will

3. The Drawing Room   -   #3
    clocker's Avatar Shovel Ready
    Originally posted by Rat Faced@1 May 2004 - 07:07
    and they would rather see a fair and balanced program that glorifies the administration since Sinclair's executives have given a buncha money to Bush & Cheney.

despite all signs that Sinclair's actions are fair, reasonable, and only motivated by concern for the public interest rather than by petty politics.

Am i missing something here?
    Yes...Republican DNA.
    "I am the one who knocks."- Heisenberg

4. The Drawing Room   -   #4
    Rat Faced's Avatar Broken
    w00t, I've evolved

An It Harm None, Do What You Will

5. The Drawing Room   -   #5
    forgot to add the <lol> or <sarcasm> tags.