Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Keyboard Not Found, Press F1 To Continue

muchspl2
    wtf I keep pressing anything and no workey
    even tried a old adapter, changes it to serial connector (long, lots of pins)
    doesn't work
    three different keyboards (working)
    check connection, almost was able to switch the cords coming from motherboard with spare parts, but the other cable has different pin configuration, so that was a bust
    pulled cmos battery for the hell of it, no difference sept "invalid checksum, repaired" after the fucked up error
    keyboard not found, press f1 to continue
    any work around that doesn't involve throwing it out of a moving vehicle at a high velocity

2. Software & Hardware   -   #2
    atiVidia's Avatar ^would've been cool.
    Originally posted by muchspl2@27 April 2004 - 00:07
    wtf I keep pressing anything and no workey
    even tried a old adapter, changes it to serial connector (long, lots of pins)
    doesn't work
    three different keyboards (working)
    check connection, almost was able to switch the cords coming from motherboard with spare parts, but the other cable has different pin configuration, so that was a bust
    pulled cmos battery for the hell of it, no difference sept "invalid checksum, repaired" after the fucked up error
    keyboard not found, press f1 to continue
    any work around that doesn't involve throwing it out of a moving vehicle at a high velocity
    does it really say keyboard not found press F1 to continue?

that makes absolutely no sense

who made ur mobo? man whoever did really had no idea what they were doing...

3. Software & Hardware   -   #3
    yep thats what it says alright , lol

um i had the same error with a comp a few months back

no keyboard would work and i couldnt get in to the bios obviously to set it not to halt on keyboard errors

further investigation found that the mobo had crapped its self , it seems to be a problem with some p3 mobo's , and alas nothing to it but replace the mobo

if you have tried a few different keyboards and still nothing i suggest the same thing has happened to you

4. Software & Hardware   -   #4
    muchspl2
    that sucks, with the adaptors I can get the light to blink, on the normal keyboard plug, it only blinks when you first plug it in

5. Software & Hardware   -   #5
    Poster
    Try to borrow a USB one of a friend to see if that makes any diffrence.
    I wasn't going to buy it in the first place, so me downloading it for free isn't losing them any money.

6. Software & Hardware   -   #6
    tesco's Avatar woowoo
    try clearing the cmos.

edit: nevermind.

7. Software & Hardware   -   #7
    Originally posted by ROSSCO_2004+27 April 2004 - 07:59--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (ROSSCO_2004 @ 27 April 2004 - 07:59)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> try clearing the cmos. [/b]

<!--QuoteBegin-muchspl2
    @27 April 2004 - 00:07
    pulled cmos battery for the hell of it, no difference sept "invalid checksum, repaired" after the fucked up error[/quote]

d00d pleez read what they already told u. pulling the cmos is the same as resetting it

8. Software & Hardware   -   #8
    BANNED

strange pc u got there "press f1"

9. Software & Hardware   -   #9
    tesco's Avatar woowoo
    Originally posted by atiVidia+27 April 2004 - 14:09--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (atiVidia &#064; 27 April 2004 - 14:09)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
    Originally posted by ROSSCO_2004@27 April 2004 - 07:59
    try clearing the cmos.
    <!--QuoteBegin-muchspl2
    d00d pleez read what they already told u. pulling the cmos is the same as resetting it [/b][/quote]
    sorry i didnt notice that...

edit: and you didnt really need to PM me aboout it

10. Software & Hardware   -   #10
    Originally posted by ROSSCO_2004+27 April 2004 - 15:49--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (ROSSCO_2004 @ 27 April 2004 - 15:49)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
    Originally posted by atiVidia@27 April 2004 - 14:09
    Originally posted by ROSSCO_2004@27 April 2004 - 07:59
    try clearing the cmos.
    <!--QuoteBegin-muchspl2

d00d pleez read what they already told u. pulling the cmos is the same as resetting it
    sorry i didnt notice that...

edit: and you didnt really need to PM me aboout it [/b][/quote]
    rofl yes i did. i needed to bring u to edit it b4 he wasted a post

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast