Thread: Is Protowall Any Good

I want to get on bittorent to find some movies. But im a lil worried. So I need something to protect me on bittirrent.But wont slow my computer down when trying to do other things.............

2. BitTorrent   -   #2
    protowall is good but does block a lot of stuff while surfing ,

3. BitTorrent   -   #3
    I just need it to block people from knowing im downloading movies....

4. BitTorrent   -   #4
    Azureus has a plug-in called SafePeer. It's self-explanitory, but I will tell you that you can configure what blocklists it downloads.

Protowall works very well, especially with The Blocklist Manager, but why not use a BT client that already has the feature of blocking bad IPs?

-- Xero Grid --
    <span style='color:green'>Supertrick XG Forums</span> | Supertrick XG - Your solution to ads, pop-ups, malicious code, and the rest of the garbage just floating around the web.

5. BitTorrent   -   #5
    try using a proxy server, i use &#39;complete anonymous web surfing&#39; this is a piece of software which you can use, the good thing is you can swith it of and on. in other words when you want to use a proxy server you can and when you dont just switch it off, its as simple as that.

6. BitTorrent   -   #6
    DanB's Avatar Smoke weed everyday
    Originally posted by Xero Grid@27 April 2004 - 17:48
    Azureus has a plug-in called SafePeer. It&#39;s self-explanitory, but I will tell you that you can configure what blocklists it downloads.

Protowall works very well, especially with The Blocklist Manager, but why not use a BT client that already has the feature of blocking bad IPs?

-- Xero Grid --
    I found that the Peerguardian database for Blocklist manager and ultimately protowall actually stopped my MSN from connecting.

if you don&#39;t use MSN that&#39;s fine but if you do its a right pain in the arse

7. BitTorrent   -   #7
    Protowall is a excellent program if you know how to configure it.

8. BitTorrent   -   #8
    DanB's Avatar Smoke weed everyday
    Well tell me then SH

I just had it telling me that it was blocking packets to Microsoft.Com - yes, my msn it was blocking