Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Yahoo Messenger

newcster68's Avatar Taxicab Co. Owner

Yahoo launched a makeover of its popular instant-messaging software, just days after similar moves by rivals America Online and Microsoft.

Called "The All New Yahoo Messenger," the upgrade is one of the software's most dramatic makeovers to date. Cosmetically, the service will have a new look and feel that focuses more on graphics and animation, the company said. The service also has folded in features pulled from other areas of Yahoo's Web site, such as photo sharing, the address book, user-to-user video games, Internet radio from its Launch subsidiary, and online search results. "Yahoo Messenger is a hub for communications services," Lisa Pollock Mann, Yahoo Messenger's senior director, said in an interview Friday. "It's important that those services are core and relevant."

The software looks similar to MSN Messenger in its ability to display digital photos or play a round of checkers in the messenger chat window, for instance. However, Yahoo added the option of displaying avatars, which are cartoon images that people can customize with different appearances, outfits and backgrounds to reflect their moods. Avatars have been popular in Asia, but have yet to gain broad adoption in the United States. Yahoo Messenger also expanded familiar perks. The company increased its arsenal of animated "smiley" emoticons, adding 13 new faces to its existing 35 choices. The service also still offers PC voice calling, PC-to-mobile phone text messaging, a Web cam and news updates

2. Internet, Programming and Graphics   -   #2
    YEY , more crap from yahoo , IM Excited , NOT

BTW newcster68 i thought it was against the rulz to post direct downloads

that download beta is a direct download , even if it takes you to a web page , its still downloading without asking

plz fix it as per our rulz that we all have to follow

3. Internet, Programming and Graphics   -   #3
    Originally posted by delphin460@27 April 2004 - 03:46

that download beta is a direct download , even if it takes you to a web page , its still downloading without asking

7. Posts that contain direct download links to copyrighted software, private ftp sites, serial numbers, warez sites, and hacking sites are prohibited. Posts directly or indirectly related to any of this information will be edited. Hacking discussions are strictly prohibited within the forum. Sig2dat and ED2K hashes are NOT considered to be DDL, therefore allowed. Torrent links are never allowed as they contain detailed file location information and enable users to instantly download a file.

4. Internet, Programming and Graphics   -   #4
    Originally posted by newcster68+27 April 2004 - 10:02--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (newcster68 @ 27 April 2004 - 10:02)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-delphin460@27 April 2004 - 03:46

7. Posts that contain direct download links to copyrighted software, private ftp sites, serial numbers, warez sites, and hacking sites are prohibited. Posts directly or indirectly related to any of this information will be edited. Hacking discussions are strictly prohibited within the forum. Sig2dat and ED2K hashes are NOT considered to be DDL, therefore allowed. Torrent links are never allowed as they contain detailed file location information and enable users to instantly download a file. [/b][/quote]
    If you link to legal programs or mp3&#39;s, link to the official website containing information about the file as our mod team cannot control the content of every link. If you are an artist you are allowed to link directly to your art if your art is hosted on your own server or domain name.

seems you missed the bit, or choose to ignore it

5. Internet, Programming and Graphics   -   #5
    Quit yer f_ckin bit_hing&#33; You don&#39;t have to click on the download link if you don&#39;t want to. Im only letting everybody in here know about the new beta version. You have the choice to download it or dont download it.

I swear you and some ppl on here just post comments to piss others off or your just in a shitty mood yourself.

Now make like a leaf and blow the fu_k away.

6. Internet, Programming and Graphics   -   #6
    erm no , im only saying it cant be one rule for the 5 star generals and one for the rest of us

many of us have had links deleted , and or posts deleted for posting the exact same thing mate

just keep the playing feild fair hey &#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;

OR are the two playing feilds here as most ppl think , well mods &#33;&#33;&#33;

7. Internet, Programming and Graphics   -   #7
    erm no , im only saying it cant be one rule for the 5 star generals and one for the rest of us

many of us have had links deleted , and or posts deleted for posting the exact same thing mate

just keep the playing feild fair hey &#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;

OR are the two playing feilds here as most ppl think , well mods &#33;&#33;&#33;

STFU Everybodys equal here. I my self see no problem posting the direct link and its not against the rules. If it was, the mods would have taken them off.
    <span style='color:blue'><span style='font-family:Arial'>Msi ms-6330
    Amd Athlon at 1ghz
    896mb Ram pc-133
    Seagate 80gb 7,200 rpm
    Nvidia Geforce MX 420
    21 inch screen
    MSI 52X32X52 CD-RW (cr52-m)
    SoundBlaster 5.1 mp3+
    Creative Labs 5.1 Speakers
    Xp Pro Sp1</span></span>

8. Internet, Programming and Graphics   -   #8
    Relax guys&#33; I believe a direct download from famous sites like yahoo is allowed. If it was hosted on a diff. server then it wont be.

@newcster68,
    The new version looks pretty awesome&#33; Although I use trillian but I downloaded it just for the kicks. Interface rocks&#33;
    <span style='color:black'> I am a part of all that I have met - Lord Tennyson</span>
    <span style='color:blue'>Try not to let your mind wander...it is too small and fragile to be out by itself</span>

9. Internet, Programming and Graphics   -   #9
    i don&#39;t like that rule meh i post link&#39;s if a mod wants he can just delete it no harm done
    oh yea and the meggenger looks cool

10. Internet, Programming and Graphics   -   #10
    Thankyou everybody&#33; I can understand the "No Direct Download" links when it comes to illegal software or sites that promote them, but this is a legal site that promotes legal software. I was just trying to help out that&#39;s all...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast