Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Supertricks Dramatically Slowed My Pc.

evrything started to load at snail-pace speeds. my homepage (google) took over 3-4mins to fully load.

whats going on? is this a common problem?

2. Software & Hardware   -   #2
    Out of The Ordinary
    Delete it and see what happends, does it speed up Your PC?

BOT

3. Software & Hardware   -   #3
    thats really clever!!!!! i should give that a try. thanks........
    lets finish the sarky comments here shall we.

*any intelligent responces reguarding my initial post would be much appreciated.*

4. Software & Hardware   -   #4
    Barbarossa's Avatar mostly harmless
    Originally posted by KLResurrectionUser@27 April 2004 - 14:59
    thats really clever!!!!! i should give that a try. thanks........
    lets finish the sarky comments here shall we.

*any intelligent responces reguarding my initial post would be much appreciated.*
    It seemed like a perfectly reasonable response to me - Delete the supertrick (i.e. remove the HOSTS file) and see what speeds you get.

With attitude like that you don't deserve help.

5. Software & Hardware   -   #5
    I think he was asking why the supertrick is messing up his comp. However, it is still good advice to get rid of it and there was no need for the harsh responce to that advice.

6. Software & Hardware   -   #6
    there's a big difference between
    Delete it and see what happends, does it speed up Your PC?
    and
    (i.e. remove the HOSTS file)

its not messing up my comp. it just slows down totally.

B.O.T needs to be more clear in his reponces. *plus getting rid of it is not a solution*

How does one remove the HASH file. Arnt these HASH Files used in the blocking of adds???

u can see how slow everything is. it took me that long to write this post.i have been here all this time waiting for the page to load.

7. Software & Hardware   -   #7
    blank BT Rep: +1
    Originally posted by KLResurrectionUser@27 April 2004 - 14:33
    evrything started to load at snail-pace speeds. my homepage (google) took over 3-4mins to fully load.

whats going on? is this a common problem?
    it slows ur computer down becos of the size of the supertrick/host file. I think i am correct in saying that it is over 3mb in size, which is hell of a lot of addresses to block.
    thus each time u try to connect to a site, it "check" with the host file to make sure it isnt blocked but cos its so big, it takes a long time...
    if u read the main thread on the supertrick u will see that it does say that u shouldnt use the entire list but choose from it....they are sorted into cats for u...

bit of advise...dont flame mods or anyone who is giving u some advice else ppl wont bother answering

edit if u get Lites (hes a person if ur a noob) 2.6 version of kazaa it comes with a host manager which is easy to use, has less BUT the most important (i think) sites to block. Thus having less it wont slow ur pc down (or not as much if u have a slow computer)
    Shut that cunt’s mouth or I’ll come over there and fuckstart her head.

8. Software & Hardware   -   #8
    zapjb's Avatar Computer Abuser BT Rep: +3
    hungrylilboy 
    Posted: 27 April 2004 - 10:43
    ... bit of advise...dont flame mods or anyone who is giving u some advice else ppl wont bother answering
    The best lesson in this thread.

9. Software & Hardware   -   #9
    thanks hungrylilboy. that makes a LOT more sense then most. much appreciated. now i know what the cause is i can fix it.( not a difficult concept to grasp really.)

as for the above: im not flaming down anybody..it was oblviouly a misunderstanding. ppl get so worked up over a couple of words. its not like i at the guy and told him to stick it where the sun dont shine ...is it???? mmmmman.

10. Software & Hardware   -   #10
    A happy ending

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast