Thread: Movies Crash My Computer.

When playing movie downloads my computer will completely crash at some point during the movie. I have tried on Win Media player, DivX player and BSplayer but all will crash. I have tested the movies on Gspot and it appears I have the correct codecs installed.
    My system is Sony Vaio laptop AMD 1.1ghz, 512MB Ram, Win XP.
    Please help.
    Thanks.

2. Movies & TV   -   #2
    Wolfmight's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +1
    same used to happen here, but only in DivX player.. Do u got WMP9?
    also try Zoom Player

3. Movies & TV   -   #3
    Have just tried WMP9 and zoom player but both crash. What is going on!?!

4. Movies & TV   -   #4
    You should open Task Manager and see how much of the cpu these programs are using B)

5. Movies & TV   -   #5
    If you don't have service pack 1 for Win XP then get it, it solves a lot of problems. Another thing if you play the movie from at CD-R then try to play it from your hard drive.

6. Movies & TV   -   #6
    When playing movie, average cpu usage is about 80% but fluctuates up to the high nineties.

I already have XP service pack 1 and movies will crash when on cdr or hard disk.

7. Movies & TV   -   #7
    Check your active tool bar at the bottom to see what is running. When visiting web sites sometimes you pick up spy-ware. Also when you add software and some hardware you acidently install links that run constantly.

Run Ad-Ware to detect and get rid of spy-ware and banners. Check what is running under your tool bar and close down as much as possible.

Running a movie at 80% CPU useage seems high, there must be some other stuff running that you do not need. B)