Thread: Huge "projection" Tv

I wanted to know if these things really work. They sell you a lense and plans to make it. I think this would pretty cool but I dont wanna pay for the info. Does anyone know any guides or anything that I can use to make my own?
    Thanks
    Need a cheap/easy way of modding your xbox? Check this out.

2. Software & Hardware   -   #2
    tesco's Avatar woowoo
    yes those things work. they are very expensive, but IMO worth it...if your looking to buy a big screen tv that is. for the price of some 52" projection tv, u can get one of those projector things which can be the size of ur whole wall!

ive seen a guide before on how to make it, it involves using a computer monitor, a very very bright bulb, and a few mirrors\windows and a big box...would probably be very heavy too...

3. Software & Hardware   -   #3
    muchspl2
    your full of shit, those thing look terrible
    save your self the time/effort just buy a canon x1 or x2 and go from there

4. Software & Hardware   -   #4
    cockboy's Avatar Poster
    Hi, if you goo on e-bay, you can get the lenses for £5.00p.
    You usually get some form of instructions, but mine would'nt open, as they were e-mailed to me.
    I did a search of the internet, and you do come across some sites that tell you how to make one.
    the problem is that the plans only describe how to make a larger picture, it is still backwards/upsidedown.
    I have one of the lenses, and have tried it by holding infront of the screen and moving it about.
    It seems to work, but you need nearly complete darkness to get a bright enough picture.
    I am going to try and construct one with mirrors to flip the image over the right way, think it will take me awhile....
    Alternatively, you can use the lens part of an overhead projector, this seems to give a reasonable result, although you have to lie the tv down to project onto a wall.
    Best of luck, will let you know how it goes soon,
    D3D

5. Software & Hardware   -   #5
    harrycary's Avatar Poster
    Having worked in the TV repair industry(7+ years), I can assure you that these do not work.

Well, let me start over. They do technically "work," but not with any quality you'd want to watch TV or movies on.

Mainly these setups are used for projecting images on a screen, like at a rave or a concert.

/my 2 cents.

6. Software & Hardware   -   #6
    muchspl2
    ^^ correct

7. Software & Hardware   -   #7
    atiVidia's Avatar ^would've been cool.
    i lost 7 bucks doin this, but at least i can brag to my friends and say I HAVE A PROJECTOR U SUCKERZ

8. Software & Hardware   -   #8
    I just need something to play multi-system halo on. My 20" flat, 30" and my 29" tv ,thats on a diet ) ( , are only ok now. I want something bigger.

9. Software & Hardware   -   #9
    atiVidia's Avatar ^would've been cool.
    btw the lens u can get at a local book store most likely. they are called fresnel lenses. they are flat and have many engraved circles on them. it is the circles that add the magnification ability

anyhoo, u can find them in bookstores cuz they are objects which can magnify text.

10. Software & Hardware   -   #10
    Thanks for the info. How big of a lense should it be if I do get one? Length and height wise.