Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Start Up Problem

Poster
    I just put together a new computer and when I try to start it up it instantly shows a bunch of vertical lines covering the whole monitor, It would go into bios fine yesterday but now it does this and I have not changed anything since then. Anyone know what is wrong?

P4 2.4c
    Gigabyte 8KNXP
    Nvidia FX 5700
    AOL 9.0 Now with top speed sarcasm that is 5x funnier than normal
    dial up sarcasm complete with AOL instant stalker.

AOL 9.0 with top speed and AOL instant stalker...more expensive than saffron but worth it!

2. Software & Hardware   -   #2
    its a refresh rate problem mate

how old is your monitor

does it happen the instant you start your comp or as windows loads

3. Software & Hardware   -   #3
    tesco's Avatar woowoo
    nevermind, i thought it was happening after bios, not before...sorry.

4. Software & Hardware   -   #4
    Poster
    Originally posted by delphin460@27 April 2004 - 18:35

how old is your monitor

my monitor is about a year old, I have also tried using another monitor and it did the same thing, It happens right away before the bios screen.

AOL 9.0 with top speed and AOL instant stalker...more expensive than saffron but worth it!

5. Software & Hardware   -   #5
    tesco's Avatar woowoo
    Originally posted by justin_9733+27 April 2004 - 21:39--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (justin_9733 @ 27 April 2004 - 21:39)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-delphin460@27 April 2004 - 18:35

how old is your monitor

my monitor is about a year old, I have also tried using another monitor and it did the same thing, It happens right away before the bios screen. [/b][/quote]
    could be a crapped up video card. have u tried using another one? do U have any extra old ones laying around that you could test with. or does ur new board have onboard video?

6. Software & Hardware   -   #6
    Poster
    Originally posted by ROSSCO_2004+27 April 2004 - 18:41--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (ROSSCO_2004 @ 27 April 2004 - 18:41)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
    Originally posted by justin_9733@27 April 2004 - 21:39
    <!--QuoteBegin-delphin460
    @27 April 2004 - 18:35

how old is your monitor

my monitor is about a year old, I have also tried using another monitor and it did the same thing, It happens right away before the bios screen.
    could be a crapped up video card. have u tried using another one? do U have any extra old ones laying around that you could test with. or does ur new board have onboard video? [/b][/quote]
    I do have an extra that I will try, will tell you what happened.

AOL 9.0 with top speed and AOL instant stalker...more expensive than saffron but worth it&#33;

7. Software & Hardware   -   #7
    ok your are prob gunna have to jump the bios back to default , and maybe pop out yer battery and then restart, this should enable you to get to the bios at least

you didnt try overclocking did you

try listing what graphics tweaks you did yesterday

the other thing you might wanna check is, see if the graphics card is seated correctly mate , sometimes the pop out slightly

8. Software & Hardware   -   #8
    Poster
    Originally posted by delphin460@27 April 2004 - 18:43
    ok your are prob gunna have to jump the bios back to default , and maybe pop out yer battery and then restart, this should enable you to get to the bios at least

the other thing you might wanna check is, see if the graphics card is seated correctly mate , sometimes the pop out slightly
    I tried it with a new card and it works fine now, looks like my nvidia lasted along time, it is only a few months old. I have not been doing any overclocking or graphics tweaks and the card was in the socket good. Thank you for the help.

AOL 9.0 with top speed and AOL instant stalker...more expensive than saffron but worth it&#33;

9. Software & Hardware   -   #9
    tesco's Avatar woowoo
    Originally posted by justin_9733+27 April 2004 - 22:01--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (justin_9733 @ 27 April 2004 - 22:01)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-delphin460@27 April 2004 - 18:43

I tried it with a new card and it works fine now, looks like my nvidia lasted along time, it is only a few months old. I have not been doing any overclocking or graphics tweaks and the card was in the socket good. Thank you for the help. [/b][/quote]
    se if u can return it. what model is it anyway? just wondering.

10. Software & Hardware   -   #10
    Poster
    Originally posted by ROSSCO_2004+27 April 2004 - 19:08--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (ROSSCO_2004 @ 27 April 2004 - 19:08)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
    Originally posted by justin_9733@27 April 2004 - 22:01
    <!--QuoteBegin-delphin460
    @27 April 2004 - 18:43

I tried it with a new card and it works fine now, looks like my nvidia lasted along time, it is only a few months old. I have not been doing any overclocking or graphics tweaks and the card was in the socket good. Thank you for the help.
    se if u can return it. what model is it anyway? just wondering. [/b][/quote]
    Nvidia FX 5700, bought it from eBay so will probably not be able to return it.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast