Thread: Software

Can somebody help me with this,I am running ME and nothing but trouble,So I down loaded XP Pro,When I upgrade everything goes ok , Only trouble is I have no CD drive when finished, only Floppy and Local Disk,it is there when I unstall and go back to ME can do with any help thanks... :helpsmile:

2. Software & Hardware   -   #2
    BANNED
    Something may not be compatible with xp,

get the sp & updates(drivers) m8....

3. Software & Hardware   -   #3
    lynx's Avatar .
    You probably need to install the drivers for your motherboard. These are often amongst the few drivers that don't come with XP. You may need to go to the manufacturer's site to find them if your mobo is pre-XP.
    Political correctness is based on the principle that it's possible to pick up a turd by the clean end.

4. Software & Hardware   -   #4
    Wait... did you upgrade or do a clean install? If you upgraded from within Windows, you're asking for trouble. There's a chance of inheriting ME's problems.

Well, in any case. I would check ALL drivers to see if they are up to date. Upgrading from ME has caused some problems with me in the past, like even having to update the BIOS.

-- Xero Grid --
    <span style='color:green'>Supertrick XG Forums</span> | Supertrick XG - Your solution to ads, pop-ups, malicious code, and the rest of the garbage just floating around the web.

5. Software & Hardware   -   #5
    Poster
    Try going into the device manager, through control panel / system.

You may see the CD as not working.

Remove it from the system then reboot.

XP should re-install what it needs when it detects the new device.

I have done this a couple of times.