Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Newbie Help?

Poster
    that link does not work is there anywhere else i can get it?
    Click on the box that looks like an EXE file OR the filename beneath it.

Azureus works well for me.

When I had 576/256 adsl I set the upload rate to 16kbps and the default max uploads to 3. Download speeds were up to mid 60s kbps and averaged around 30 kbps.

Once you have a download started keep hitting the manual update button until you have an acceptable speed, provided there are enough speedy connections in the swarm.

Also remember that with BT you normally start slow and build up speed and, if it's a newly seeded torrent you will go no faster than the upload speed of the seeder.
    DOWNLOADING IS FUN - SHARING IS SUBLIME
    When all else fails - read the instructions!!!
    LEEDS UNITED - WE'LL BE BACK

2. BitTorrent   -   #22
    yeah like isaid azerus does seem to be better jus still cant finish couple downloads there just stuck downloading failed hashes n discarding them but i am connected to people with 100% so....? does this mean im never gonna finish them?

also i dont seem to be able to get green icon any more my downloads r all yellow at min im behind a router but ive port forwarded n i know its worked cos i had green on all of them recently n dont think ive changed owt since. any ideas any1?

cheers all for comments i know its dragging on a bit but wanna get set up right!!

3. BitTorrent   -   #23
    Poster
    If you are using Azureus, what is the number to the right of "pieces status" in the torrent details>general window?

If it is less than 1 you are stiffed. If you do have seeds (100% ers) in your swarm then all you can do is wait and follow any advice offered about firewalls, routers and port forwarding to see if you can go green.
    DOWNLOADING IS FUN - SHARING IS SUBLIME
    When all else fails - read the instructions!!!
    LEEDS UNITED - WE'LL BE BACK

4. BitTorrent   -   #24
    THEY ARE ALL OVER 40 IN THE PEICE STATUS. I HAVE ONE TORRENT ON GREEN AT MIN BUT 2 ON YELLOW N IVE STILL GOT ONE OF THEM STUCKJ ON 99.7% ON THE ONE THATS STUCK NOT FINISHING I GOT THE YELLOW LIGHT BUT IM CONNECTED TO 27 PEERS N I GOT 32 IN PIECE STATUS BUT STILL CANT FINISH IT!!!

5. BitTorrent   -   #25
    BANNED
    lol i've had a few stuck..restartin' the torrent has always complet'd em...

leave azu install'd n try shadows to complete it..

After shadow's install'd make a shortcut on the desktop..double click or open..load the torrent.

6. BitTorrent   -   #26
    OK CHEERS WILL TRY THAT

7. BitTorrent   -   #27
    ive had it on shadow all day jus got it stuck on 99.9% now so its getting somewhere!!!
    still cant get green light on azerus though can get it on shadow no probs. ????

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123