Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Problem Loading Kazaa

when i look at manual removal instructions for viruses they usually seem to tell you to remove an entry in h_key_local_whatever_software_microsoft_windows_run or whatever it is but on that i don't seem to have any bad files there and i did check the virus thing... i did a scan with that both programs no viruses were found although one program claimed 17 cases of adware although i don't see how that should effect my program's execution. i don't really want to spend a couple hundred dollars on more software unfortunately... so that's my reason for not buying those programs also cause i don't see them as really coming to teh solution in any way.... any suggestions or insight as to why the program is not running? Or is this like the solution to the problem? to me i don't believe this is the solution to the problem as the spysweeper or housecall could not find any viruses or worms ... just spysweeper claimed there was adware.... but like i said lots of other adware programs that are free were run and did not find any...

2. File Sharing   -   #12
    Filesharinghelp.com
    Look dude, if you arent gonna lisen to what say, why bother asking the question in the first place?!

Try with a fresh copy of the installer and do exactly as muchspl2 said

3. File Sharing   -   #13
    It should be clear that I did listen to what you have said and I appreciated your contribution. Unfortunately, I did not feel that your reasoning was extensive enough to come up with the solution to my problem and I was not looking to knock your idea only to offer reasons for my doubt. The reasons for my doubt were only to help you help me in finding the appropriate solution to the problem or potentially have you clarify your instructions as to why I may not have followed them exactly correctly.

Nevertheless, on a different note, I was able to arrive at the solution. I feel that it is important to follow up with this, so that other users who potentially encounter this will be able to solve the problem much easier without going through the hardship of wasted time that I experienced when trying to solve this problem.

Essentially, the Windows XP updates continuously add new security features. The new Windows XP updates cause Kazaa Lite to breach the features. You must run the Program Compatibility Wizard in the Accessories menu to allow this program to be run. For more instructions on this program follow the following link: http://www.winbookcorp.com/_technote/WBTA20000861.htm.

At the same time I would like to thank all people who corresponded and tried to help me. I bid you all a good week and hopefully we shall continue to help each other in such a way as to help improve our everyday lives.

Thanks a lot,

PDK

4. File Sharing   -   #14
    I ran the program Compatibility Wizard. It worked. I think?
    But an other problem remains.
    Kazaa ( version 2.7.0 )uses up all cpu space.
    And when closing I get this WER254.tmp.dir00\Kazaalite.kpp.mdmp
    So it seems not to be solved.
    Strangely downloading works but it takes all cpu.
    I had an other version but X cleaner threw away some things and it was disabled. So I had to download again.
    (Englisch is not my native language. Reading works fine for me, but writing needs a little bit more experience )
    Thanks in advance for any help with this.-
    Last edited by Tools; 04-30-2006 at 01:26 AM.

5. File Sharing   -   #15
    try to reboot your computer m8!
    otherwise reinstall kazaa

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12