Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Problem Loading Kazaa

C:\DOCUME~1\Owner\LOCALS~1\Temp\WERD.tmp.dir00\KazaaLite.kpp.mdmp
    C:\DOCUME~1\Owner\LOCALS~1\Temp\WERD.tmp.dir00\appcompat.txt

Hi, there are two programs I can't load Windows Media Player and this one also.... Kazaa Lite 2.4.3... This occured after a worm was discovered. I tried all registry entries of Kazaa Lite and reinstall it but it still doesn't work any suggestions ... Please help I'm lost......... thanks so much in advance...

:helpsmile:

2. File Sharing   -   #2
    i'll change my nick after this post it wasn't to make myself sound smart i just didn't want to be like an idiot and get a stupid answer like did you try clicking on the program or something

3. File Sharing   -   #3
    Filesharinghelp.com
    Run an anti virus scan, check for spyware, uninstall and reinstall

4. File Sharing   -   #4
    muchspl2
    Originally posted by Lite@28 April 2004 - 12:36
    Run an anti virus scan, check for spyware, uninstall and delete your db folder then reinstall 
    FIXED

5. File Sharing   -   #5
    yes i ran two versions .... both adware, spybot and the latest versions in safe mode. I ran an antivirus check in safe mode as well.... The problem is still not corrected unfortunately.... I also followed the instructions in the help menu of kazaa lite ..... for example i added a bunch of dynamic link library files to the windows/system path

6. File Sharing   -   #6
    oh btw thanks any other suggestions? i reviewed the registry , deleted files that were created as a result of the virus ...... also my windows media player does not work . I tried to manually uninstall kazaa lite and than reinstall it..... probably a bunch of other things ... but i still can't get it working :helpsmile:

7. File Sharing   -   #7
    Filesharinghelp.com
    You uninstall using the uninstaller? And reinstall ticking the box "delete all kazaa lite registry keys before installing"?

Also, after reading your post above, i think your installer may be corrupt as that error looks like a installation error to me. Try downloading a fresh copy. Kazaa Lite K++ 2.4.3 Can Be Downloaded From Here

8. File Sharing   -   #8
    muchspl2
    I don't usually tell people to reinstall, but if you were struck with a worm that screwed up countless files, I think that would be the easiest
    next time run a firewall and a better AV as your old one doesn't seem to work

9. File Sharing   -   #9
    i have reinstalled the program I did a thing to check off so that it would reinstall all the registry values again. As well, I have the latest version of Norton Antivirus and pay for the subscription thingy so that it is as up to date as possible... there must be something else please and thank you :helpsmile: sorry for the hardtime... i guess i'd edit the post to be very clear about what happens the program starts to load you see a little bit in the status menu or whatever it's called in the bottom right one or two kazaa lite icons may appear if i click it again the kazaa lite it says not responding..

10. File Sharing   -   #10
    muchspl2
    run spysweeper or housecall, just because you pay for norton doesn't mean jack, its one of the least secure AV's you can get just on popularity alone

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast