Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: If You Could Change The Rules....

Barbarossa's Avatar mostly harmless
    The Olympic Games should all be done in the nude like it was in Ancient Greek times.

With them going back to Athens (maybe! ) I think this would be an appropriate move...

2. Lounge   -   #12
    Originally posted by barbarossa@29 April 2004 - 10:05
    The Olympic Games should all be done in the nude like it was in Ancient Greek times.

With them going back to Athens (maybe! ) I think this would be an appropriate move...
    What he said but only the women

Also:

i'd allow video referees for football, and introduce punishment by Roberto Carlos freekick for divers
    and for them to change back the offside rule.
    Last edited by Barbarossa; 04-03-2007 at 10:30 AM.

3. Lounge   -   #13
    Originally posted by Nogimics@29 April 2004 - 14:37
    and for them to change back the offside rule.
    i have mixed feelings about this, i understand what they tried to do with the changes, but they do make offside more complicated - but the best move would probably be to scrap the 'inactive' rules altogether, keep it simple stupids

also, i think for tennis the courts and rackets should be halved, for no real reason, it just seems like a good idea

4. Lounge   -   #14
    Barbarossa's Avatar mostly harmless
    Originally posted by Nogimics+29 April 2004 - 14:37--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Nogimics @ 29 April 2004 - 14:37)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-barbarossa@29 April 2004 - 10:05

With them going back to Athens (maybe!&nbsp; ) I think this would be an appropriate move...
    What he said but only the women

[/b][/quote]
    Men for comedy value.. Imagine the 100m sprint...
    Last edited by Barbarossa; 04-03-2007 at 10:30 AM.

5. Lounge   -   #15
    BANNED
    Put replay in baseball
    Give the umpires less power
    Stop the stupid warning the benches thing where a pitcher is thrown out of the game if he hits someone when the umpire issues a warning
    Bring DH to the national league i know people don&#39;t like it but just about the rest of the leagues in the world use it

6. Lounge   -   #16
    BigBank_Hank's Avatar Move It On Over
    Originally posted by hobbes+28 April 2004 - 23:47--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (hobbes @ 28 April 2004 - 23:47)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-BigBank_Hank@29 April 2004 - 05:32
    I&#39;d change all those stupid celebration rules in the NFL. Players can&#39;t even breathe hard after the make a great play or they&#39;ll get an unsportsman like conduct. Just let them play the damn game already enough with all the nit pick rules
    Now way guys, I want see the pure excitement a player has, don&#39;t handcuff that.

Let&#39;s abort those pre-meditated, orchestrated endzone celebrations and mobile phone conversations.

I want to see a player show some excitement after a big play, but I also do respect the sportsmanship of players like Barry Sanders who hands the ball to the official and walks away.

We need both veteran class and youthful enthusiasm. [/b][/quote]
    I didn&#39;t care for the Joe Horn thing myself. But I did think that when Terrell Owens grabbed that cheerleaders pom poms and started to dance was classic. Stuff like that and the Lambeau leap are great because they&#39;re spontaneous and add excitement to the game.

7. Lounge   -   #17
    jetje's Avatar former star
    in soccer i would make play time of two half hours and stop the clock when a guy has been "fouled" and act like he&#39;s dying... it would give more pace to the game and get rid of killing the time by faking injuries.

Also i would make the linesmen referee in the field and give them each a half to cover, with one general referee...
    Start giving advandage to attackers when they doubt ofside..
    let the 4th official check video if it&#39;s very important decission....

well probably soccer (european football) is pretty conversative in changing the rules

In F1, i would stop the rule that if one is lapped he has to go aside and leave the guy overlapping himn go by... it&#39;s racing for christ sake let them fight for the place.
    It would give more excitement in the race.
    Also give points to everyone that finishes, so their will be a "fight" for the 12th place too.

In volleybal, get rid of the netservice and make it a foul again, also get rid of the libero.

Womens basketbal, hang the ring lower, if they could dunk the game might get a bit more attractive... it&#39;s simple women don&#39;t jump as high as men...

well that&#39;s it for now, have plenty more ideas though

8. Lounge   -   #18
    Busyman's Avatar Use Logic Or STFU!!!
    Originally posted by jetje@29 April 2004 - 18:47
    Womens basketbal, hang the ring lower, if they could dunk the game might get a bit more attractive... it&#39;s simple women don&#39;t jump as high as men...
    Never thought of that.

It makes sense. They play with a smaller basketball so why not?
    Silly bitch, your weapons cannot harm me. Don't you know who I am? I'm the Juggernaut, Bitchhhh!

Flies Like An Arrow, Flies Like An Apple
    ---12323---4552-----
    2133--STRENGTH--8310
    344---5--5301---3232

9. Lounge   -   #19
    Originally posted by jetje@29 April 2004 - 22:47
    in soccer i would make play time of two half hours
    that&#39;s a whole half-hour less of football&#33;

10. Lounge   -   #20
    jetje's Avatar former star
    Originally posted by SillyRumours+30 April 2004 - 01:49--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (SillyRumours @ 30 April 2004 - 01:49)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-jetje@29 April 2004 - 22:47
    in soccer i would make play time of two half hours
    that&#39;s a whole half-hour less of football&#33; [/b][/quote]
    donīt think so, statistics show now that the ball is about 25 minutes in play each half, the rest of the time the game is dead because of injuries, ball out of play and so. I guess if they do this the game would take up like 2,5 hours to finish

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast