Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Basketball Fan's Question

BigBank_Hank's Avatar Move It On Over
    I'm not a basketball fan but I'm wondering if fans hate the Lakers because they buy up all the best players all the time? I'm a baseball fan and I can't stand the Yankees because they always win and they get the buy up the best players every year. Is there sort of the same thing in basketball? Just curious.

2. Lounge   -   #2
    FuNkY CaPrIcOrN's Avatar Poster
    Pretty much it is because of kobe bryant.And it is not that he is getting ready to go to trail over Rape.Even though that has hurt his reputation maybe more then anything.

Its just how he Plays.

3. Lounge   -   #3
    jetje's Avatar former star
    Kobe has some great plays, but also has an attitude... although i like the Shaq guy (think it's a nice guy) i really think they let him go away with not whistling fouls they give to centers with a less bigger eh... name.
    But i kinda like them because of the spectacle they can bring, as long as they don't win in the end... but that's probably because i'm in favor of the underdog teams from the east like the nets... less money but some great team spirit and a fabulous jason Kid B)

4. Lounge   -   #4
    Busyman's Avatar Use Logic Or STFU!!!
    Originally posted by BigBank_Hank@29 April 2004 - 15:52
    I'm not a basketball fan but I'm wondering if fans hate the Lakers because they buy up all the best players all the time? I'm a baseball fan and I can't stand the Yankees because they always win and they get the buy up the best players every year. Is there sort of the same thing in basketball? Just curious.
    The Lakers don't buy up the best players at all. Where'd you get that from?

Kobe and Shaq were already there. Other than that everyone else is mediocre.

Karl and Gary took a pay cut to play there with Shaq.

They want a ring before they retire.

Keep in mind there is a salary cap to prevent what you are talking about.
    Silly bitch, your weapons cannot harm me. Don't you know who I am? I'm the Juggernaut, Bitchhhh!

Flies Like An Arrow, Flies Like An Apple
    ---12323---4552-----
    2133--STRENGTH--8310
    344---5--5301---3232

5. Lounge   -   #5
    BigBank_Hank's Avatar Move It On Over
    Well maybe not buy up all the good players then but just win all the damn time.

I'm kind of like jetje I like the underdogs to win. Even thought I don't follow the sport closely I want Minnesota to win. Just because they always get booted in the first round and never seem to make it far.

6. Lounge   -   #6
    Originally posted by BigBank_Hank@29 April 2004 - 23:05
    Well maybe not buy up all the good players then but just win all the damn time.

I'm kind of like jetje I like the underdogs to win. Even thought I don't follow the sport closely I want Minnesota to win. Just because they always get booted in the first round and never seem to make it far.
    I'm pullin' for 'em too.

I also like Sac.

Keep in mind the Lakers have the most dominent center and a preeeetty good shooting guard.

The coach ain't too bad either. Seems to come to ready made champion teams though.
    Silly bitch, your weapons cannot harm me. Don't you know who I am? I'm the Juggernaut, Bitchhhh!

---12323---4552-----
    2133--STRENGTH--8310
    344---5--5301---3232

7. Lounge   -   #7
    BANNED
    I hate the Lakers im getting sick of hearing about them all the time come on where are you celtics fans? we are the most historic franchise in basketball

8. Lounge   -   #8
    brotherdoobie's Avatar Long live Hissyfit BT Rep: +1
    Originally posted by Busyman+29 April 2004 - 18:18--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Busyman @ 29 April 2004 - 18:18)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-BigBank_Hank@29 April 2004 - 15:52
    I&#39;m not a basketball fan but I&#39;m wondering if fans hate the Lakers because they buy up all the best players all the time? I&#39;m a baseball fan and I can&#39;t stand the Yankees because they always win and they get the buy up the best players every year. Is there sort of the same thing in basketball? Just curious.
    The Lakers don&#39;t buy up the best players at all. Where&#39;d you get that from?

Keep in mind there is a salary cap to prevent what you are talking about. [/b][/quote]
    Karl Malone and Gary Payton medicore?
    Please

What facts do you have to back that statement up with
    I am a Celtics fan by the way.

Peace brotherdoobie

9. Lounge   -   #9
    Poster
    I don&#39;t really hate the Lakers because of all the good players......I hate em because of fking Bryant, stupid ass bastard that thinks he&#39;s better than Michael Jordon, and st00pid shaq, who has the biggest fking mouth in the NBA. The egos of those 2 asswads is insane. I just hate the bastards, and I hope they don&#39;t ever win a championship AGAIN.

10. Lounge   -   #10
    Originally posted by brotherdoobie+30 April 2004 - 14:45--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (brotherdoobie @ 30 April 2004 - 14:45)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
    Originally posted by Busyman@29 April 2004 - 18:18
    <!--QuoteBegin-BigBank_Hank
    @29 April 2004 - 15:52
    I&#39;m not a basketball fan but I&#39;m wondering if fans hate the Lakers because they buy up all the best players all the time? I&#39;m a baseball fan and I can&#39;t stand the Yankees because they always win and they get the buy up the best players every year. Is there sort of the same thing in basketball? Just curious.

The Lakers don&#39;t buy up the best players at all. Where&#39;d you get that from?

Keep in mind there is a salary cap to prevent what you are talking about.
    Karl Malone and Gary Payton medicore?
    Please

What facts do you have to back that statement up with [/b][/quote]
    I was referring before the current season.

---12323---4552-----
    2133--STRENGTH--8310
    344---5--5301---3232

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast