Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: New Rules

jetje's Avatar former star
    well in the beginning we mods were asked by the members the post is still somewhere in the lounge. Mods were installed by the admins to let this board work well. If there would be no control it wouldn't be democratic either (wich it isn't now either). Post on ideas for changes can be made everywhere on the forum. It depends on the topic most of the times they're made in this section btw.
    The team tends to listen as much as possible but in the end they will have to make the decission what's oke to implement or not. Reason is pretty simple, everyone thinks different about things so if some people don't decide there would be chaos and nothing would change. Mods and admins talk about changes, in the end admins decide.

Adjusting the rules is kinda forced because if we follow them there is a little group of users always pointing us out that what they do isn't explicit said in the rules.
    This way it's covered. So we can do the job, wich we do in the best interest of the forum and do that voluntary... why? cause we were asked to and do it with the best intentions... for free. It only takes up a lot of our free time.. there's always someone not agreeing our decissions, but hey. If you do this as long as i do you get a thick skin

We need that, like now... we try to explain, leave a topic untouched and open for a few days but then after it's being closed, someone that had a chance to post there starts a new topic... and you can see some people immediately (ab)use it for jumping on it to start all over again... we explained why.. but as it was going totally of topic and everuthing was said people start to repeat theitr arguments so it was closed.

Everywhere on the net and in real life you need rules to prevent chaos..
    In traffic, in life... are those rules democratic no. I guess you didn't set and choose what the max speed should be, i guess you didn't said that killing is not allowed and killers will be punished.. who did that, well in most cases it was a chosen governement. Did you choose all the individual members in there, did you choose the coalition... and maybe rules were made by a party on wich you didn't vote...
    what has that to do with this forum you might say? simple, one day long time ago we choose to have mods and we needed rules. I say we cause back then i was just a member as you, wich i'm actually still am.. but a lot of you see us different, too bad... And we're fair and tolerant to bad some of the members aren't..
    but hey again we said it many times if you can't handle simple rules, face the consequences or feel free to leve.. no one is saying you can't leave... look there's the democracy, youself can decide. can ilive by the rules or do i leave cause i can't... freedom of choice

2. Everything Related to the Board   -   #12
    bigboab's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +1
    I agree with most of what you say Jetje. But remember those people stand for and are elected by the people. If the people dont like what they do then they are not re-elected. simple as that. On here we dont have that choice. We have to accept what is done without any consultation. Actually I think 7th did do it once,but not on anti -spam.
    The best way to keep a secret:- Tell everyone not to tell anyone.

3. Everything Related to the Board   -   #13
    do you know who we have to thank for that antispam is installed in he first place?
    Again the intention for installing that was to protect the board, i agree that it isn't working good. Immediately after it was brought up in the lounge i posted about that in team chat. Believe me i get caught by that BUG too. And dislike it.
    But also believe me we wanna get rid of it. Problem is that we wanna do it the right way and problem is 7th is the only one who really knows what he has done.
    And too bad he's gone for a few weeks... Maybe we have to start thinking of another way to get rid of it, there can be a post about that but i fear that after a few post it will go down in flames (flaming) again. But again believe me that we've heared the scream about it and we want to get this solved as fast as possible

4. Everything Related to the Board   -   #14
    Unfortunately some of the screams have died.

5. Everything Related to the Board   -   #15
    Busyman's Avatar Use Logic Or STFU!!!
    Is anti-spam now removed, because I see bigboab is back?
    Silly bitch, your weapons cannot harm me. Don't you know who I am? I'm the Juggernaut, Bitchhhh!

Flies Like An Arrow, Flies Like An Apple
    ---12323---4552-----
    2133--STRENGTH--8310
    344---5--5301---3232

6. Everything Related to the Board   -   #16
    atiVidia's Avatar ^would've been cool.
    JGHSFBASHFVASVFJBASVCBVASDJC,BASDGAGBF

u like them d__ned screams? rofl

actually, im content with most of the mods. its a select few (jetje and VB1234 im happy with: the only 1s who seem to be truthful here) who im not content with.

my anger was spawned due to the banning of h4x0r but we dont want to resurrect that do we?

7. Everything Related to the Board   -   #17
    Originally posted by Busyman@29 April 2004 - 23:37
    Is anti-spam now removed, because I see bigboab is back?
    No I am back just to tidy things up a bit before I go for good including Sexfem

They have no intention of removing anti spam. How long has it been now. Couple of months? I dont know or care any more.

8. Everything Related to the Board   -   #18
    The intention is there, Problem is that it seems we need 7th for it.

9. Everything Related to the Board   -   #19
    Poster
    Originally posted by bigboab+29 April 2004 - 23:51--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (bigboab @ 29 April 2004 - 23:51)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-J&#39;Pol@29 April 2004 - 22:45
    Fascism ?

Non-democratic, maybe. Providing a service to customers, perhaps. Owned by the admin (and also paid for presumably), absolutely.

But Fascism, surely not. That seems a bit OTT.
    If you kick someone in the teeth and dont allow them to reply? I&#39;m sorry JP that is the nearest thing I can think to fit it.

Owned by the Admin yes. Paid for by them, I doubt it. It would not surprise me to learn that the board or some member of the board has, or is receiving payment for using anti spam software on this board. At the expense of some of the members. [/b][/quote]
    I genuinely and sincerely do not believe that you equate this puerile nonsense to Fascism.

If I am right, then I seriously question why you would post such a thing.

If I am wrong then I can live with that, however it will be a major disappointment.

10. Everything Related to the Board   -   #20
    Poster
    7th is the only one who really knows what he has done.

7th is the only one who can fix this

No one else here has an FTP client installed? Hell, you could even do it with IE if you really wanted to.

Open the browser, type in ftp://filesharingtalk.com , type in your username and password , browse to the forum root, etc.........

Even if you&#39;re all too stupid to identify the proper script, I&#39;m sure the phone lines are clear enough that you could catch the name of it in a phone conversation with this elusive Script God of yours

OOh My&#33; This looks like "hacking talk"

Is this allowed ?

Wanna administor your own site? Become a webmaster? Learn how to secure free or reasonable hosting? Opportunities, Guidance and Resources provided at absolutely no cost&#33; Do you have an internet related talent you&#39;d like to explore? Contact me if they&#39;ll allow you to.
    Ready to run sites are available. On completion, you should be able to easily secure your own free 500mb webspace with all the latest services. I&#39;ll show you how and give you all the contacts.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast