Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Anton Maiden

Arm's Avatar Poster
    While taking a look arouns Soulseek I found a sorta techno version of Iron Maiden. Sorta like the video game music from thise old NES games. It's even got vocals.

So if you like Iron Maiden then try Anton Maiden. I dont know what songs are covered besides Fear of the Dark. Now download!

2. Music   -   #2
    Out of The Ordinary
    Iron Maiden's Fear of The Dark is a good one for sure

BOT

3. Music   -   #3
    FuNkY CaPrIcOrN's Avatar Poster
    Anton Gustavsson Tolkar Iron Maiden

"Once every decade or so, there'll be an album that will slip underneath the radar of mainstream audiences and submerge itself deep into obscurity. A few years will pass by and it will remerge on the underground cult circuit, waiting to be deemed a "classic" by those who truly know what the word means. Such an event is Anton Maiden. He's not just a musician and he's not just an institution — he is an event. An event that many performance artists could only imagine emulating at the finest points of their career. Armed with an Atari ST computer and deft knowledge of world capitals, Maiden fearlessly takes on 11 of Iron Maiden's classic songs and MIDIs the instrumentation to bold new territories, similar to the soundtrack of a Nintendo eight-bit video game. And his vocals? There are truly no words in any language that could possibly serve justice as to aptly describing the sheer dexterity and potency of his voice. It's almost as if he has invented new notes to be sung and has totally reinterpreted many of the more flaccid Iron Maiden tunes into bona fide powerhouse singalongs. Fans of the band complained of Maiden's abstract take on the tracks, but a more sincere example of the power of music may not exist. These songs are tributes to a band who is hopelessly unhip, lovingly (and probably inadvertently) shaped into hipster anthems by a passionate Swedish teenager. But Anton Maiden is much more than an in-joke for the irony crowd. Anton Maiden is a creature built from old Nintendo components and Circus magazine pull-out posters, a primitive slice of avant-garde thought applied to source material that can appeal to listeners who would never give John Zorn the time of day. This is one of the few examples of a novelty item transcending its own intent and becoming art. And hilarious art at that."

Is that it?

Taken from the Bible.All it shows is the name of the band and name of the Album.Anton Gustavsson Tolkar Iron Maiden.Why I did not make a Link to it. (ok fuck it...I made a Link! )

Good find Arm.This just might make up for every thing you have done in the past.As we all know Iron Maiden is my Favorite band.

But I guess I am not that good of a Fan if I did not know about this.

4. Music   -   #4
    But wait.The song fear of the dark is not on the Album I just Posted.

Ok.I am seeing 2 different Versions.One has 14 songs which has fear of the dark.The other has 11 Songs and comes with a Video of this guy on swedish TV.

I am sticking to the 11 Song Version because that is what the Bible shows.But there is always Google.And Plus I want to see this Video of the guy.

We will have to dive deeper and deeper into this mystery.

5. Music   -   #5
    Out of The Ordinary
    God I just read that the guy died last year

Anton Gustafsson

* 24 februari 1980
    + 1 november 2003

Anton is Swedish just like Me and I went to His site and His family update the site now.

http://listen.to/anton

BOT

6. Music   -   #6
    Originally posted by [B][O][T]@30 April 2004 - 03:11
    God I just read that the guy died last year

Anton Gustafsson

* 24 februari 1980
    + 1 november 2003

Anton is Swedish just like Me and I went to His site and His family update the site now.

http://listen.to/anton

BOT
    I can not read any of that.But I guess all that was needed to say has been said.I guess we will never see what else he could of came up with.

7. Music   -   #7
    After listening to some of this.He reminds me of.....

William Hung!

Sorry.I know it is wrong to laugh at the dead.But actually he could of made millions just like Hung has if somebody would of found him.

And the Sound effects are actually nice for what they were made with.Its just the voice.

He was a fan of Iron Maiden.So this is for him.....

Up the Irons!

8. Music   -   #8
    Arm's Avatar Poster
    Originally posted by FuNkY CaPrIcOrN@30 April 2004 - 02:46

Is that it?
    No. After I posted this I found Anton Maiden on Google and it was a Swedish college student who made Iron Maiden MIDIS and then sang over them. Not Bruce Dickinson by any means but better then nothing. He recorded 8 Iron Maiden tracks like that.

9. Music   -   #9
    Originally posted by Arm+30 April 2004 - 03:58--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Arm &#064; 30 April 2004 - 03:58)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-FuNkY CaPrIcOrN@30 April 2004 - 02:46

Is that it?
    No. After I posted this I found Anton Maiden on Google and it was a Swedish college student who made Iron Maiden MIDIS and then sang over them. Not Brude Dickinson by any means but better then nothing. He recorded 8 Iron Maiden tracks like that. [/b][/quote]
    Actually.I think it is the same guy.

Read what it says.

10. Music   -   #10
    Arm's Avatar Poster
    Originally posted by FuNkY CaPrIcOrN+30 April 2004 - 03:59--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (FuNkY CaPrIcOrN @ 30 April 2004 - 03:59)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
    Originally posted by Arm@30 April 2004 - 03:58
    <!--QuoteBegin-FuNkY CaPrIcOrN
    @30 April 2004 - 02:46

Is that it?

No. After I posted this I found Anton Maiden on Google and it was a Swedish college student who made Iron Maiden MIDIS and then sang over them. Not Brude Dickinson by any means but better then nothing. He recorded 8 Iron Maiden tracks like that.
    Actually.I think it is the same guy.

Read what it says. [/b][/quote]
    Oh yeah your right it is the same person. Though they are giving too much credit to his vocals.

And this person does sound like William Hung. Ol&#39; Bill with a Swedish accent and not quite as retarded sounding.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast