Thread: Whistler Personal?

I installed windows xp proffesional sp1 and now every time i boot up i have to choose what os to run windows xp pro or whistler personal. My question is what is whistler and how do i remove it from that "choose OS screen" so that it boots up automatically to xp pro.

p.s. before i had xp home

:helpsmile:

2. Software & Hardware   -   #2
    Whister? I haven't heard that name in a while. It was the original code name for Windows XP while it was in testing stage.

You can go to the root of your C drive or whatever drive you installed XP on, and ope the boot.ini file (you need to be able to see hidden files and protected operating system files. Go to folder options). It shoud look like this if you have XP pro SP1 on one drive (C drive) and on the first partition:
    Code:
    [boot loader]
    timeout=30
    default=multi(0)disk(0)rdisk(0)partition(1)\WINDOWS
    [operating systems]
    multi(0)disk(0)rdisk(0)partition(1)\WINDOWS="Microsoft Windows XP Professional" /fastdetect
    You should be able to delete anything else. If you cannot edited te file, then open it and copy it's contents, then move it and create a new boot.ini file where it once was, and paste the contents into the new file. You can edit it then.

If for whatever reason, you cannot boot your system, use this tool EditBINI. It allows you to edit the file without Windows. It is included in The Ultimate Boot CD

-- Xero Grid --
    <span style='color:green'>Supertrick XG Forums</span> | Supertrick XG - Your solution to ads, pop-ups, malicious code, and the rest of the garbage just floating around the web.

3. Software & Hardware   -   #3
    tx it worked

4. Software & Hardware   -   #4
    No prob.

-- Xero Grid --
    <span style='color:green'>Supertrick XG Forums</span> | Supertrick XG - Your solution to ads, pop-ups, malicious code, and the rest of the garbage just floating around the web.