Thread: K-lite Codec Pack

orcutt989's Avatar Blargh
    I am having this problem with my WMP 9, where the video blacks out every now and then, and i searched google and only found a couple of places that helped, but not really at all, and i came across this page where someone mentioned something about the K-Lite codec pack. ("Ditch that BS WMP 9. Too many useless features. If peeps encode stuff with WMP9 the latest version of K-Lite Codec Pack will have it in there. (The WMP9 Codec that is) ")
    And i was just wondering what the Codec Pack is, and what it has to do with my problem? Thanks.

2. File Sharing   -   #2
    The K-Lite Codec Packs (I like the Mega Codec Pack) is just an installer that instaler all the neccesary compressors/decompressors so you can watch and/or hear most files without a problem. They are categorizd to your needs. For exmaple, if you want to encode, you can get the Full or Mega codec pack. The installer gives you the option of installing ONLY what you want, and that includes the Windows Media Player codecs 7/8/9 I believe.

If anything, it should solve problems and not create them... unless you are helping beta test, in which case, you should be HERE.

--EDIT--
    I forgot. About people calling WMP9 BS... well it is. It's a piece of crap. Leave it to M$ to make a player that can not only allow unknown people to access your computer, but have the player spy on you as well.

The K-Lite Mega Codec Pack has a few players (more because it is Mega) which are free and much better, like Media Player Classic, which was originally based on the only version of Windows Media Player that was any good, and has MUCH more options. It's simply a great player.

-- Xero Grid --
    <span style='color:green'>Supertrick XG Forums</span> | Supertrick XG - Your solution to ads, pop-ups, malicious code, and the rest of the garbage just floating around the web.

3. File Sharing   -   #3
    So what should i do, install the codecs?

Thankyou for your help.

4. File Sharing   -   #4
    BANNED
    if you don&#39;t have it download and install the klite mega codec pack

5. File Sharing   -   #5
    Juat read the installer notes it displays before installation. I install almost everything, except a few things which are unneccesary for me because I use certain players. Like I don&#39;t need DirectVobsub. Media Player Classic and BS Player both have the ability to display subtitles which are seperated into another file by built into them. If there&#39;s something you don&#39;t understand, you can easily google it. The great thing about the Mega Codec Pack is that I finally got to get rid of Real Player, Quicktime, Windows Media Player, and all the other crappy players I used to have. I still like Winamp for music, though.

-- Xero Grid --
    <span style='color:green'>Supertrick XG Forums</span> | Supertrick XG - Your solution to ads, pop-ups, malicious code, and the rest of the garbage just floating around the web.

6. File Sharing   -   #6
    But then do i have to associate wmv files, ect with a different player?

7. File Sharing   -   #7
    Old Fella
    You should uninstall your Media Player, and yes you should then associate with new player.