Page 1 of 10 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: A 2nd Chance For Those Who R Bannded

BawA's Avatar FST Pioneer BT Rep: +1
    Admin, mods plz give banned member 2nd chance, if they did all wrong stuff again banned again.

Peace

"You can be mad as a mad dog at the way things went; you can swear and curse the fates, but when it comes to the end, you have to let go"
    Benjamen button

2. Everything Related to the Board   -   #2
    vivitron 15's Avatar Poster
    i do believe that people recieve many "second chance" warnings (in general) before they are banned.

and i give it 1hour before this is closed too.
    <insert signature here>

3. Everything Related to the Board   -   #3
    DanB's Avatar Smoke weed everyday
    I give it 20 minutes

4. Everything Related to the Board   -   #4
    scribblec's Avatar Poster
    Originally posted by bawa@Klite_user@1 May 2004 - 15:58
    Admin, mods plz give banned member 2nd chance, if they did all wrong stuff again banned again.

Peace
    yea lets let the peados unbanned lets let idiots like billy dean unbanned

BRILLIANT IDEA &#33;&#33;&#33;

5. Everything Related to the Board   -   #5
    Cheese's Avatar Poster
    Originally posted by scribblec+1 May 2004 - 15:28--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (scribblec @ 1 May 2004 - 15:28)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-bawa@Klite_user@1 May 2004 - 15:58
    Admin, mods plz give banned member 2nd chance,&nbsp; if they did all wrong stuff again banned again.

Peace
    yea lets let the peados unbanned lets let idiots like billy dean unbanned

BRILLIANT IDEA &#33;&#33;&#33;

[/b][/quote]
    Could be perhaps he&#39;s not talking about them?

BFH.

6. Everything Related to the Board   -   #6
    NikkiD's Avatar Yen?
    In some cases, bans have been very fair and warranted. I don&#39;t think anyone would disagree with me about someone like hypo?

In other cases, bans may be a rash decision, made on the spur of the moment. As I said in another post yesterday:

We have reasons for doing things the way we do them. Why do we keep harping on using the PM system for resolving issues? Because when it&#39;s done publicly it kills the atmosphere of the board. No one wants to come on and see constant disputes. I don&#39;t personally care if someone questions an action, send me a PM, I&#39;ll be happy to investigate it. But lately it seems like some members are hell bent on publicly embarrassing the team. And that gets nowhere. It&#39;s human nature. By bringing it up as such, the only thing it accomplishes is putting people on their defenses. After that, you can pretty much forget getting anything you want out of them. The longer it goes on, the less tolerant people become, to the point where they finally just say, enough is enough, and start silencing people.
    I think it&#39;s fair to say that that&#39;s what&#39;s happening. And in some cases, can you blame them? Be fair, if someone were to come into your home, slam you, your house, your family, throw garbage all over the floor, generally make a mess and disrupt the place, what would your first reaction be? To sit down and try to talk to the person? Or to kick them out?

It makes it harder for those of us who are trying to find a resolution when other people are constantly trying to put the team on the defensive.

7. Everything Related to the Board   -   #7
    Rat Faced's Avatar Broken
    Originally posted by NikkiD@1 May 2004 - 16:39
    In some cases, bans have been very fair and warranted. I don&#39;t think anyone would disagree with me about someone like hypo?

In other cases, bans may be a rash decision, made on the spur of the moment. As I said in another post yesterday:

We have reasons for doing things the way we do them. Why do we keep harping on using the PM system for resolving issues? Because when it&#39;s done publicly it kills the atmosphere of the board. No one wants to come on and see constant disputes. I don&#39;t personally care if someone questions an action, send me a PM, I&#39;ll be happy to investigate it. But lately it seems like some members are hell bent on publicly embarrassing the team. And that gets nowhere. It&#39;s human nature. By bringing it up as such, the only thing it accomplishes is putting people on their defenses. After that, you can pretty much forget getting anything you want out of them. The longer it goes on, the less tolerant people become, to the point where they finally just say, enough is enough, and start silencing people.
    I think it&#39;s fair to say that that&#39;s what&#39;s happening. And in some cases, can you blame them? Be fair, if someone were to come into your home, slam you, your house, your family, throw garbage all over the floor, generally make a mess and disrupt the place, what would your first reaction be? To sit down and try to talk to the person? Or to kick them out?

It makes it harder for those of us who are trying to find a resolution when other people are constantly trying to put the team on the defensive.
    :beerchug:

^^^^ What she said

An It Harm None, Do What You Will

8. Everything Related to the Board   -   #8
    DanB's Avatar Smoke weed everyday
    Anti Spam Security

Why did I reach this page instead to see my posted message ?

Possible Reasons:

* You already posted your message (double post)
    * You are using a script to post messages
    * You hit the reload button but your message was already posted

If you think this is an error please contact our administrators and they will look into this problem. Please make sure to check the forum you posted to see if your message is not already there.

The Administration

I would vote for option 1 btw

9. Everything Related to the Board   -   #9
    Originally posted by NikkiD@1 May 2004 - 08:39

I agree with most of this and the idea of using pm and so forth but I truly think mods should not be defensive of this behavior as it is expected and is also considered human nature. Lets not forget members consider this they&#39;re house as well and sometimes is the reason for their rage and the lack of civility...

10. Everything Related to the Board   -   #10
    NikkiD's Avatar Yen?
    I agree with you wholeheartedly Reality. Mods and admins are only human though, and when they get enough insults thrown at them, of course they begin to take it personally. Every new thread feels like a slap in the face, especially to those who are trying to resolve the issue. The problem is that once the defensive behaviour starts, negotiation stops. I&#39;ve been guilty of it on occasion, I know all of us have. And once those in the position of power, in this case, the mods and admins, stop negotiating, civility is tossed out the window and the brick wall goes up. Not saying it&#39;s the right way to deal with it, just making the observation.

I can completely understand, people getting upset over what they feel is an injustice. I&#39;m just saying that strong arm tactics and bullying get people nowhere, and that goes for both sides of the equation. Resolving an issue is always better than silencing it, silence only lasts so long before the riot breaks out again.

Page 1 of 10 1234 ... LastLast