Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Ps2 Reset/eject Cable

Poster
    While fixing a simple problem with my sisters PS2, my sister pulled out(by accident) the reset/eject cable(still connected to the reset/eject button but not to the PS2), it didn't break or anything but I don't know whether to buy a new one or if I could fix this one. The problem is a have no idea where the end of the cable goes. Does anybody have a guide on how to repair this?

2. Software & Hardware   -   #2
    im pretty sure it is now completly broken.

3. Software & Hardware   -   #3
    is the cable damaged at all? if not it can be easly fixed. if it is just buy another. I think lik-sang.com may have them

4. Software & Hardware   -   #4
    Poster
    Here's a quote from a similar topic on a different board.

If there is no tear in the ribbon cable you can simply re-attach it back to the motherboard.
    What you need to do is find how to take the system apart (i'm not typing it all down to much) from a modchip site.

Then connect the ribbon to the only thing it will connect to don't force it though the ps2 is a fragile piece of s**t if it doesn't fit, flip it over and try again.

hope this helps.
    So I just have to find out where to re-attach it.

5. Software & Hardware   -   #5
    Poster
    Originally posted by freak@2 May 2004 - 06:47
    is the cable damaged at all? if not it can be easly fixed. if it is just buy another. I think lik-sang.com may have them
    I don't think so, do you have a guide on where to re-attach it or images or something?

6. Software & Hardware   -   #6
    Shouldnt be to hard to find it even though at times they can be a pain to attach properly but don't force it or you'll break the little clip thingy that holds it in

give me 5 i'll see if i can find a pic for you

7. Software & Hardware   -   #7
    here a pic that might give you an idea

also check out this link for a ps2 main board look at the red square with the 1 in it. its either the top or bottom brown clip I don't remember 100% but which ever one doesn't have something hooked in it thats the one

Hope that helps some

8. Software & Hardware   -   #8
    Poster
    Thanks, I'll have a go at re-attaching it later.

9. Software & Hardware   -   #9
    be very careful

10. Software & Hardware   -   #10
    Poster
    its really not that hard, i have done a couple of times. all you got do is find that spot

proud to be american

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast