Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: So This Is Musicworld..

Poster
    Hello all,so anyone here actually play an instrument or make music somehow.Whether it be making tunes on your pc or maybe your a DJ who has done a few tunes...let us know
    For the record i can play the guitar quite well, the piano average at and have written a few tunes but nothing published.I do it for pleasure and as a way of chilling out....I have only released 1 record and that was when i was 9 and it was a school choir album.A collection of beatles songs but luckily only 500 pressed so not many around....
    So come on you budding musicians tell us all....

2. Music   -   #2
    theres one right here. i produce hip hop so i use keyboards and drum machines.

3. Music   -   #3
    Benno's Avatar Poster
    I play guitar.

Or at least i try to...

You Better Keep In Mind That I Can Read Between The Lines

Never argue with an idiot, they drag you down to there level and beat you with experience!!

4. Music   -   #4
    I play guitar
    bass
    make hip hop beats
    make hip hop
    im in several bands
    the Squeegees
    MCPROJECTILE
    Craig & the Collaborators
    Lower Sackville Social Club

the Squeeges are an instrumental Surf band, i play bass

McProjectile is my hip hop stuff that im currently working on, afew more songs needed for the album to be complete (i make this stuff on my basement on my computer)

Craig & the Collaborators are a little bit of everything funk, country, hip hop, garage, blues,comedy,etc.. iplay guitar, sing, bass, percussion, write songs

Lower Sackville Social Club is a Instrumental Jazz thingive benn doing lately ,i play guitar and write songs

5. Music   -   #5
    I have passed all the piano exams (all 8 of them with 1 distinction, 4 merits and the rest passes) and also play the guitar to quite a high standard (i found it well easy with my experience on the piano).

Also i have turntables at home and am an amateur mixologist, tho my real love is for the piano.

6. Music   -   #6
    Afronaut's Avatar Xenu
    I play guitar mostly, been playing about over 20 years now, have a little studio where im having my fun, i got own music and some covers just for fun.

Anybody wants to hear some? Let me know, we could try to transfer something... somehow.

My user-name in Kazaa is Guitarslinger@KaZaA, dont know if something pops with searching.

I'd like to put my tunes on the net somewhere, but cant find a suitable free place.

Music varies a lot, heavy, rap, classical (Dovregubbens Hall with el.guitar on the lead), commersial (for local PR-video), rip-offs, Elvis (my landlord is HUGE elvis-fan) and lotsa guitar oriented stuff...

Gotta go now, but i'll be watching this thread later today, cool topic!
    Spoiler: Show

7. Music   -   #7
    Rocktron's Avatar Poster
    Hi all,

I love my US Fender Strat.. nothing can top that one! (Hmm a Gibson Smiley..)
    I have 8 guitars and a Bass Guitar. Should i name them all here?

Well okay:

US Fender Stratocaster
    Ibanez S-Serie (Black metal Bitch!&#33
    Peavey EVH Wolfgang Special (With a Drop D option)
    Epiphone (Sorento)
    Eko (Mascot) very old 60's guitar great for blues!
    Fender semi accoustic
    A spanish guitar
    A Fake Strat (My first guitar)
    Squier Jazz Bass

Keyboards:

Yamaha DX7
    Roland W-30 sampler
    Fender Rhodes 73 Mark 1
    Roland JV-90
    Mini Korg (old stuff but cool sounds&#33

All stuffed in a small room... we call it "The Time Machine"
    Because it's dark.. and time just seem.. non excistend!

I play with friends some times on a sunday. We play everything but mostley Pink Floyd and Blues stuff. And yes we drink alot!
    Vodka and beer!

Favorite Guitar players are: Joe Satriani and John Petrucci from Dream Theater!
    My user name comes from the Rocktron factory.. check it Rocktron

But i mostley use my Marshall JMP - 1 Pre-amp now.
    And an old Yamaha Rev-7 Reverb.

Nice Topic...!

8. Music   -   #8
    Poster
    If people are producing their own stuff why not share it directly. Stick it on your hard drive and share it at the soulseek site. That way we wouldn't have to try to search on Kazaa. We could get it straignt from you to listen to, so long as you wouldn't have a problem with that.

Obviously if anyone has commercial aspirations then that might not be appropriate. However if you just want some feedback on what you are doing then it is the ideal way. Perhaps see how people feel about a work in progress you have going. You could even let people know that you have something available by posting here. Maybe start a thread dedicated to it and people can post when they have something to share. Other people could post their opinion, or PM you if they felt more comfortable.

The only thing is you would have to join the soulseek site to share it, see the pinned. However if you're into music you will want to do that anyway.

On topic I play guitar badly (I have played on stage but we were rubbish). I also played the pipes in my youth. Though like a lot of people gave up to concentrate on football (soccer) alcohol and women. Yes in that order.

I did work with a chap who is now the Queen's Piper. Pretty much as good as you can get for a solo player. He practiced and played all the time and joined up just to practice and play the pipes. Even when he was younger he was an amazing player.

9. Music   -   #9
    Poster
    WOW!!What a gr8 response im very impressed with all these musicians around....shame we couldnt all get together for a 'jam' that would be cool!!

@ Guitar-Slinger,i would love to hear some of your music best way is either to get yourself to soulseek and we can trade there OR pm me with your IP and i will get to you via kazaa.

@ Rocktron,sounds like your a decent guitar player too so do you make your own music?Where can i check some of it out?

I love all music and always on look out for new music to check out....

10. Music   -   #10
    Afronaut's Avatar Xenu
    ...cool

I have renamed my songs that they start with Guitar-Slinger, even added on the tags as a artist.

Later today im gonna hop on tha SoulSeek wagon what Funky-Capricorn has mentined (few times ), have the app allready, just have to install and learn how to use it.

And N£MO, keep trying, i've stopped sharing the rest for now, only mp3's. Dropped from 17k to mere 17hundred files....
    Spoiler: Show

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast