Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Windows Update

Originally posted by ROSSCO_2004+3 May 2004 - 22:00--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (ROSSCO_2004 @ 3 May 2004 - 22:00)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
    Originally posted by The Wraith@3 May 2004 - 16:56
    <!--QuoteBegin-clocker
    @3 May 2004 - 17:19
    You might consider trying this...

Go to Start>Run and enter services.msc.
    Check and see that "Cryptographic Services" is enabled and started.

Windows Update needs this process in order to work.

Yep its enabled, and i turned off my firewall but it still dosent work.
    could try checking to make sure the time is set to the right date...

i once had the time on my old computer set to 2001 instead of 2003 (this was last year) so that I could get unlimited updates for the antivirus program I was using (cant remember which one right now).

edit: forgot to say, and this caused windows update to not download any updates. [/b][/quote]
    The time and date is correct, may 3rd 2004 2:53pm

2. Software & Hardware   -   #12
    try this it may help or maybe not past problem xp update hope it helps

3. Software & Hardware   -   #13
    Originally posted by accat13@3 May 2004 - 23:47
    try this it may help or maybe not past problem xp update hope it helps
    Nope

4. Software & Hardware   -   #14
    Mïcrösöül°V³'s Avatar Hammer Smashed Face
    this seems familiar to me...........did you install windows overtop of an existing install? you may need to write zeros to the drive and re-install.

5. Software & Hardware   -   #15
    the only reason i bring this up (re-install) is because i re-install my comp about 10+ times a year, because i like to fiddle with stuff. i have seen alot of errors, and its a learning experience. Heres one NOT to try: DO NOT CHANGE THE DRIVE DESIGNATION OF THE DRIVE WITH THE OPERATING SYSTEM ON IT. I did that. It just sets there doing nuttin.

6. Software & Hardware   -   #16
    tesco's Avatar woowoo
    Originally posted by Mïcrösöül°V³@3 May 2004 - 21:58
    the only reason i bring this up (re-install) is because i re-install my comp about 10+ times a year, because i like to fiddle with stuff. i have seen alot of errors, and its a learning experience. Heres one NOT to try: DO NOT CHANGE THE DRIVE DESIGNATION OF THE DRIVE WITH THE OPERATING SYSTEM ON IT. I did that. It just sets there doing nuttin.&nbsp;
    lol. yes i also reinstall a lot...when i first got able internet, and was using windows me lol, i reinstalled about 10 times in one week. it froze so much. thats when I got xp (well, i had it before, but it was slow on my old computer, with 64mb ramm, then i upgraded)

7. Software & Hardware   -   #17
    Originally posted by ROSSCO_2004+3 May 2004 - 22:13--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (ROSSCO_2004 @ 3 May 2004 - 22:13)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Mïcrösöül°V³@3 May 2004 - 21:58
    the only reason i bring this up (re-install) is because i re-install my comp about 10+ times a year, because i like to fiddle with stuff. i have seen alot of errors, and its a learning experience. Heres one NOT to try: DO NOT CHANGE THE DRIVE DESIGNATION OF THE DRIVE WITH THE OPERATING SYSTEM ON IT. I did that. It just sets there doing nuttin.
    lol. yes i also reinstall a lot...when i first got able internet, and was using windows me lol, i reinstalled about 10 times in one week. it froze so much. thats when I got xp (well, i had it before, but it was slow on my old computer, with 64mb ramm, then i upgraded) [/b][/quote]
    i have Xp pro, and i still mess everything up. my brother says i should just let it alone, but what fun would that be&#33; my screw ups have been the best learning experience i have ever been through.

8. Software & Hardware   -   #18
    I lost the disc, so i can&#39;t reinstall. The last time i reinstalled i screwed things up and lost all my stuff. Mabey i will download XP from suprnova.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12