View Poll Results: Should there be an Anime Sub Forum?

Voters
67. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

33 49.25%
  • No

32 47.76%
  • No opinion

2 2.99%
Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Anime Sub-section In Movieworld

Originally posted by Withcheese@4 May 2004 - 11:34
    We just recently got rid of a load of unused subsections and I don't see any reason to dilute the board again.

Anime is just another genre of film, and whilst it has its fans so does other genre of films like horror or science-fiction we can't have sections for everyone.

Besides if we didn't get a seperate section for TV World (something I was against as well) then why should Anime get its own section?

Just post in the Movieworld and if anyone comes in with the usual "Anime-is-cartoon-pr0n" argument then report them. Simple really.
    I like anime, but i mostly agree with the post i quoted above
    Maybe move the pinned topic from verifieds to the main section?, not many people seem to be posting verifieds and kazaa isn't that great for anime.

2. Movies & TV   -   #22
    The thing about anime topics is that there's always a dumbass or two making your typical ignoranus remarks about the things they clearly know nothing about...

Usually it all ends in flames... Let's see what happens to this one...

I don't know if these people would stay away from 'animeworld', but depending on the amount of actual supporters, it should be worth a try !

I say YES B)

3. Movies & TV   -   #23
    Poster
    I don't mind if peerzyboy gave a proper remark about having an anime section. But obviously from his replies, his idea of anime is half naked cartoon characters. Therefore it is not contructive whatsoever, do put this straight, I don't want this to be a flame thread, neither do I wanna get on anybody's hitlist; my intention is clear, whether you like it or not; support or give, at the very least a contructive comment or suggestion why a small subsection in movieworld shouldn't exist. Clearly, saying anime is half naked 13 yr olds flaunting on cartoon videos is plain and pure ignorance, please do not resort to posting on a topic you know nothing about. I'm serious about having an anime subsection because I think this could be a boost in the number of ppl actually frequenting the board

4. Movies & TV   -   #24
    atiVidia's Avatar ^would've been cool.
    anime is a subcategory which envelops all other subcategories. i.e. in anime u can have action, mystery, drama, tragedy, comedy... u cant have so many subsections in a drama movie or in a sci-fi movie... hell u even have anime pr0n (hentai) so there... that justifies an animeworld

5. Movies & TV   -   #25
    I don't see what the harm would be to just try it and see how it goes.
    If the popularity doesn't justify further existence, just remove the section.
    But what I see from other filesharing forums I suspect it's gonna be definitely popular enough (at least more so than other subsections around here)

Also this suggestion doesn't ask for AnimeWorld but a subsection in MovieWorld for Anime.

I say wth, let's try it.
    Can't remember a movie's name? Ask help at MovieWorld's Lost & Found

6. Movies & TV   -   #26
    Originally posted by Manny Roscoe+4 May 2004 - 05:00--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Manny Roscoe @ 4 May 2004 - 05:00)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
    Originally posted by peerzyboy@3 May 2004 - 14:45
    <!--QuoteBegin-RedRival
    @3 May 2004 - 18:25
    Anyone agree we should have an anime subsection in movieworld that features all tv series, fansubs, old tv series, OVAs, movies etc? It did be great, if that were the case I did frequent here more than usual .

To be honest i don&#39;t like anime, it&#39;s just popular cartoon&#39;s that people call anime so that adults can watch it....and what would happen in the section? Post a picture of a 13 year old drawn girl half naked.... :helpsmile:
    Ignornant bastard. [/b][/quote]
    Lying bastard .

Hows Hitman 9 ?

don&#39;t mind if peerzyboy gave a proper remark about having an anime section. But obviously from his replies, his idea of anime is half naked cartoon characters. Therefore it is not contructive whatsoever, do put this straight, I don&#39;t want this to be a flame thread, neither do I wanna get on anybody&#39;s hitlist; my intention is clear, whether you like it or not; support or give, at the very least a contructive comment or suggestion why a small subsection in movieworld shouldn&#39;t exist. Clearly, saying anime is half naked 13 yr olds flaunting on cartoon videos is plain and pure ignorance, please do not resort to posting on a topic you know nothing about. I&#39;m serious about having an anime subsection because I think this could be a boost in the number of ppl actually frequenting the board
    So becuase it wasn&#39;t what you wanted to here its not valid, okay fine. So Anime is a type of file/tv show right, well you better stop posting in the main section and divid it all up into Action, Comedy, Horror. Same with gameworld on different platforms then into different Genre&#39;s and music world.... you can post about Anime in movieworld same as action stuff and comedy has to be in there. What makes you think that only anime should have its own section surly the amercan action movie is more popular.

Well becuase my point isnt what you want to here you properly won&#39;t have read all of that.

7. Movies & TV   -   #27
    Originally posted by atiVidia@4 May 2004 - 13:01
    anime is a subcategory which envelops all other subcategories. i.e. in anime u can have action, mystery, drama, tragedy, comedy... u cant have so many subsections in a drama movie or in a sci-fi movie... hell u even have anime pr0n (hentai) so there... that justifies an animeworld
    Exactly.

8. Movies & TV   -   #28
    Originally posted by Manny Roscoe+4 May 2004 - 20:29--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Manny Roscoe @ 4 May 2004 - 20:29)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-atiVidia@4 May 2004 - 13:01
    Exactly. [/b][/quote]
    Well in horror theres scary horror, gory horor, english horror, sci fi horror etc etc. i want HorrorWorld&#33;

So have you got Half Life 5 yet or is it number 6 now ?

9. Movies & TV   -   #29
    Originally posted by peerzyboy+4 May 2004 - 21:14--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (peerzyboy @ 4 May 2004 - 21:14)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
    Originally posted by Manny Roscoe@4 May 2004 - 20:29
    <!--QuoteBegin-atiVidia
    @4 May 2004 - 13:01

Exactly.
    Well in horror theres scary horror, gory horor, english horror, sci fi horror etc etc. i want HorrorWorld&#33;

So have you got Half Life 5 yet or is it number 6 now ? [/b][/quote]
    Couldn&#39;t find someone to pick on IRL peerzy?

Stop with the personal attacks and if you got something constructive to say please do so.
    Can't remember a movie's name? Ask help at MovieWorld's Lost & Found

10. Movies & TV   -   #30
    since i am #anime fan yup there should be anime section&#33;&#33;
    by the way does anybody know where i can find Gundan seed.
    &quot;the evil that man do lives after they die, but the good man do is buried with their bone&quot;

Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast