View Poll Results: Should there be an Anime Sub Forum?

Voters
67. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

33 49.25%
  • No

32 47.76%
  • No opinion

2 2.99%
Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ... 789101112 LastLast

Thread: Anime Sub-section In Movieworld

Unfortunately it is not. Unfortunately this discussion is also completely moot since you can't possibly compare downloaded MBs with the use of visual observation of a few sites.
    For example I could counterject that there are by far more Anime Torrent sites and also that Anime is d/led in Terabytes in Asia. Bittorrent got practically jumpstarted by the Anime scene in it's early days. So in my personal opinion there's more Anime d/led than TV series.
    But like I said it's completely useless because nobody can provide the data that is needed to prove it.

Now Withcheese, I can't deny myself the impression that you are on a personal vendetta or something.
    I can live with that. What you do is completely up to yourself.
    What I do object to is that you start dragging down threads like this just to prove 'something'.
    If you think this is not the case then please feel free to PM me or start a thread in the Lounge, but please leave this thread alone! Thank you.
    Can't remember a movie's name? Ask help at MovieWorld's Lost & Found

2. Movies & TV   -   #92
    Cheese's Avatar Poster
    Originally posted by NotoriousBIC@10 May 2004 - 12:09
    Unfortunately it is not. Unfortunately this discussion is also completely moot since you can't possibly compare downloaded MBs with the use of visual observation of a few sites.
    For example I could counterject that there are by far more Anime Torrent sites and also that Anime is d/led in Terabytes in Asia. Bittorrent got practically jumpstarted by the Anime scene in it's early days. So in my personal opinion there's more Anime d/led than TV series.
    But like I said it's completely useless because nobody can provide the data that is needed to prove it.

Now Withcheese, I can't deny myself the impression that you are on a personal vendetta or something.
    I can live with that. What you do is completely up to yourself.
    What I do object to is that you start dragging down threads like this just to prove 'something'.
    If you think this is not the case then please feel free to PM me or start a thread in the Lounge, but please leave this thread alone! Thank you.
    So once again we get to the stage of "if you don't agree with me" then don't post here?

Sorry if you feel I have some sort of vendetta...but what exactly would that be against? Do I prehaps have a vendetta against Anime?

I haven't dragged down this thread at all, always making my points clearly and calmly and in fact others have taken the route you suggest and have had there posts edited. Or is the fact that I don't agree in the dividing up of this board into small sections reason enough to slyly suggest that this is something personal.

I have argued in the past against other divisions of the board if you care to read back on my posts, and have always been for keeping it simple.

But what is moot is the argument for Animeworld, its been out-voted seems a majority of people want for Movieworld to remain the same. Good for them.

And your kind offer to allow me to PM is bizarre do you believe I have some sort of personal problem with you? That's simpley not the case as I don't even know who you are...I'll carry on making my posts here if it's all the same to you.

3. Movies & TV   -   #93
    Originally posted by NotoriousBIC@10 May 2004 - 13:09
    Now what part of that did you NOT understand?

For someone who posts so eloquently you certainly read poor.
    Please read my whole post again and compare it with your reply.
    The point of a new thread or PM was to keep that particular discussion out of this topic.
    So I kindly request you reply in thus way.

Ontopic:
    The results of the vote can't be denied of course, we should keep this as democratic as possible.

I for one am in favor of more diversity (also was with the the whole other p2papps) because of a number of reasons:
    1. It's easier to find things. (see it as an properly categorized archive)
    2. You won't have as much anti-fixated people sneering, placing ironic remarks or ouright flaming.
    3. You won't have as much ignorant people asking in the wrong sections (follows from 1 actually)

I can't see a problem with adding 3 extra lines on a page you have to scroll down for anyway.

4. Movies & TV   -   #94
    Cheese's Avatar Poster
    Originally posted by NotoriousBIC+10 May 2004 - 12:41--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (NotoriousBIC &#064; 10 May 2004 - 12:41)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-NotoriousBIC@10 May 2004 - 13:09
    If you think this is not the case then please feel free to PM me or start a thread in the Lounge, but please leave this thread alone&#33; Thank you.
    Now what part of that did you NOT understand?

For someone who posts so eloquently you certainly read poor.
    Please read my whole post again and compare it with your reply.
    The point of a new thread or PM was to keep that particular discussion out of this topic.
    So I kindly request you reply in thus way.

Ontopic:
    The results of the vote can&#39;t be denied of course, we should keep this as democratic as possible.

I for one am in favor of more diversity (also was with the the whole other p2papps) because of a number of reasons:
    1. It&#39;s easier to find things. (see it as an properly categorized archive)
    2. You won&#39;t have as much anti-fixated people sneering, placing ironic remarks or ouright flaming.
    3. You won&#39;t have as much ignorant people asking in the wrong sections (follows from 1 actually)

I can&#39;t see a problem with adding 3 extra lines on a page you have to scroll down for anyway. [/b][/quote]
    I get you now, you make aspersions on my character in this thread and then tell me that if I want to reply to that I have to PM or start a new in the the Lounge(?).

This almost as bad as the person who flamed me because he said I would turn the thread into flaming...

And until now I&#39;ve stayed on topic, except for when I was flamed for no real reason other than disagreeing.

So which one of us brought this off-topic?

It&#39;s a shame actually because the point you made about the downloading of Anime was very good and something I hadn&#39;t considered fully. Defiently something which would have made a more worthwhile discussion than my &#39;motives&#39; for posting here...

5. Movies & TV   -   #95
    Busyman's Avatar Use Logic Or STFU!!!
    I&#39;ve got an even better point.

The purpose of opening a new section is to open new lines of discussion.

Seeing that there aren&#39;t many anime posts in Movieworld...

1. It wouldn&#39;t dilute Movieworld at all.

2. It would actually spur more anime discussion. Look at Sportsworld. If the same logic for Sportsworld was used, we wouldn&#39;t have it. Keep in mind NO MODS wanted Sportsworld. Lamsey was steadfast against it. Most were saying to post sports topics in the Lounge.

It still comes down to the vote.

I still stand by my stance that if Animeworld isn&#39;t active, to trash it.

Is it really that hard for admin to implement some things without a vote?

Try some things and if they don&#39;t work....GET RID OF IT&#33;&#33;&#33;
    Silly bitch, your weapons cannot harm me. Don't you know who I am? I'm the Juggernaut, Bitchhhh!

Flies Like An Arrow, Flies Like An Apple
    ---12323---4552-----
    2133--STRENGTH--8310
    344---5--5301---3232

6. Movies & TV   -   #96
    **edit: In reply of Withcheese. Didn&#39;t see Busyman sneak one in **

Well for somebody who&#39;s not in favor of subsections, you sure are a persistant one.

You have posted 15 times in this thread (not counting these last replies on me). I believe the most in this thread.
    Most of them saying "No, I don&#39;t want a subsection" or agreeing with other posters in different ways. Then when confronted by this you shout that you&#39;re being flamed. Although I do agree it was a flame.
    This may be described as the &#39;innocent victim tactic&#39;.
    Yes, I do question your motives and find your ironic phrasing a bit objectional (but that could be me) not only in this thread, but also in others.

So, in closing, I think you have taken the "no subsections" stance far too vehemently to be taken as &#39;polite&#39; by some people in here. We get the point just fine in 4 or 5 posts.

As for the downloading Anime discussion, I&#39;m glad you see A point in that, but unfortunately it&#39;s only that. I can neither prove nor disprove it

@Busyman: I agree, exactly my points too.

7. Movies & TV   -   #97
    Cheese's Avatar Poster
    To be honest you&#39;ve lost me completely and its becoming more obvious that you have taken an objection to me the poster rather than the argument I present.

My ironic phrasing? My vehement stance? My &#39;innocent victim stance&#39;? My questionable motives?

I think you are reading way too much into my posts, after all I am just a simple spammer on this forum who&#39;s second home is in Movieworld talking movies of a wide range.

Is it just that I disagree with you that you see these qualitities in me? Is it, perhaps, you yourself that have taken things too personally here, after all I am just talking about a proposed sub-section and have made my views more than clear (which I am apt to do and, more importantly, free to do). Perhaps it was my crack at Fastracker earlier that got your "wind up", in which case I apologize.

Though in future if I feel the need to contribute to a thread I will try to keep my posts to a maximum of 4 or 5 posts so as to be sure to be &#39;polite&#39; to others. <---Is this the ironic phrasing?

8. Movies & TV   -   #98
    Busyman's Avatar Use Logic Or STFU!!!
    Notorious, normally Withcheese, who is a spammer, is actually pretty logical.

I have no idea why he is steadfast in condemning Animeworld. Initially some folks on here tried to make it just a proAnimeworld thread though.

If it&#39;s a subsection of Movieworld and you don&#39;t like anime...

Don&#39;t GO THERE&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33; All it does then is take up a line above the pinned topics section. Pretty simple.

I only can see it making the board have more participation rather than seeing the same "regulars" post all the time.

This board has tons of registered members with hardly any posts.

off-topic
    I do think Sportsworld belongs with the off-topic sections. No big deal though.
    Silly bitch, your weapons cannot harm me. Don't you know who I am? I'm the Juggernaut, Bitchhhh!

Flies Like An Arrow, Flies Like An Apple
    ---12323---4552-----
    2133--STRENGTH--8310
    344---5--5301---3232

9. Movies & TV   -   #99
    Cheese's Avatar Poster
    Originally posted by Busyman@10 May 2004 - 14:40
    Notorious, normally Withcheese, who is a spammer, is actually pretty logical.

I have no idea why he is steadfast in condemning Animeworld. Initially some folks on here tried to make it just a proAnimeworld thread though.

If it&#39;s a subsection of Movieworld and you don&#39;t like anime...

Don&#39;t GO THERE&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33; All it does then is take up a line above the pinned topics section. Pretty simple.

I only can see it making the board have more participation rather than seeing the same "regulars" post all the time.

This board has tons of registered members with hardly any posts.

off-topic
    Off-Topic (I&#39;ve said my piece now )

I agree with this, and I think the move might actually encorage a few more posts in there.

10. Movies & TV   -   #100
    Originally posted by Withcheese@10 May 2004 - 15:11
    To be honest you&#39;ve lost me completely and its becoming more obvious that you have taken an objection to me the poster rather than the argument I present.

My ironic phrasing? My vehement stance? My &#39;innocent victim stance&#39;? My questionable motives?

I think you are reading way too much into my posts, after all I am just a simple spammer on this forum who&#39;s second home is in Movieworld talking movies of a wide range.

Is it just that I disagree with you that you see these qualitities in me? Is it, perhaps, you yourself that have taken things too personally here, after all I am just talking about a proposed sub-section and have made my views more than clear (which I am apt to do and, more importantly, free to do). Perhaps it was my crack at Fastracker earlier that got your "wind up", in which case I apologize.

Though in future if I feel the need to contribute to a thread I will try to keep my posts to a maximum of 4 or 5 posts so as to be sure to be &#39;polite&#39; to others. <---Is this the ironic phrasing?
    I have misjudged you completely. I was under the impression you had a genuine reason to object as much as you do, but it turns out you&#39;re just spamming.

Let me take another approach.
    We know your stand, we know your arguments; now petty please, with sugar on top, don&#39;t remind us every other post

p.s. I&#39;m glad you&#39;re improving your irony. I was greatly inspired by the Eufemisms thread in the Lounge.

@Busyman: It might indeed encourage some activity, especially if you get some good links and howtos in that section.

Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ... 789101112 LastLast