View Poll Results: Should there be an Anime Sub Forum?

Voters
67. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

33 49.25%
  • No

32 47.76%
  • No opinion

2 2.99%
Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2345678 ... LastLast

Thread: Anime Sub-section In Movieworld

Originally posted by peerzyboy@5 May 2004 - 12:48
    he called me a iggnorant bastard or something, that was a person and unconstructive attact about something i said, some he said was i have hitman 3 about a week before Ft even had it, after he was confronted he even stioll said he had it, that it had been on suprnova, then when asked for pictures he said no but now his brother had rented it, just asking of his brother had rented that yet? or nova had, had it for like 2 minutes cause he could always send me to torrent

Damn....you sure know how to hold a grudge....-_-

2. Movies & TV   -   #42
    atiVidia's Avatar ^would've been cool.
    linuxworld was completely experimental. yet because of its popularity, it stuck.

same deal here: lets try making an animeworld within movieworld, and if we get 50 topics within a predisposed amount of time, it sticks...

i like this idea... lets start a poll.

3. Movies & TV   -   #43
    Busyman's Avatar Use Logic Or STFU!!!
    Originally posted by atiVidia@5 May 2004 - 16:08
    linuxworld was completely experimental. yet because of its popularity, it stuck.

same deal here: lets try making an animeworld within movieworld, and if we get 50 topics within a predisposed amount of time, it sticks...

I completely agree.

Look at Sportsworld.

Sometimes by having the section, it draws more topics.

Anime is a huge genre. If there enough anime fans on the board, it would work.

I personally don't watch much anime but I do like it.

Maybe rather than anime, call it Anime/Cartoons. That way we don't have to argue about what's anime or not.

This does need a poll to justify it though.
    Silly bitch, your weapons cannot harm me. Don't you know who I am? I'm the Juggernaut, Bitchhhh!

Flies Like An Arrow, Flies Like An Apple
    ---12323---4552-----
    2133--STRENGTH--8310
    344---5--5301---3232

4. Movies & TV   -   #44
    Cheese's Avatar Poster
    Originally posted by Busyman+5 May 2004 - 19:18--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Busyman @ 5 May 2004 - 19:18)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-atiVidia@5 May 2004 - 16:08

I completely agree.

Look at Sportsworld.

Sometimes by having the section, it draws more topics.

Anime is a huge genre. If there enough anime fans on the board, it would work.

I personally don&#39;t watch much anime but I do like it.

Maybe rather than anime, call it Anime/Cartoons. That way we don&#39;t have to argue about what&#39;s anime or not.

This does need a poll to justify it though. [/b][/quote]
    Okay but lets be fair because people also want TV World as well so that would have to be a choice in any poll.

This should be the other way around imo, if fifty genuine topics are made about anime in Movieworld during a set time then you can have a sub-section. Though if you have to do it your way then do it fair not by number of topics but by number of active posters in the area.

As for Linuxworld staying isn&#39;t that more because of our fly-away admin than because of any success of the section? (And with Haxor banned doesn&#39;t that mean the active posters in that section are down by 33%?)

5. Movies & TV   -   #45
    cheese, not our fault u dont want animeworld.

if 50 topics are started within movieworld, they will be spammed, etc.

besides, when 50 topics are started, who would listen? surely not error, and all the rest might forget.

so starting an animeworld is much better, and if the 50 topics mark is hit legitimately, it stays. this was how linux world was done, and how internetworld was done. much better than your way IEEO

<edit>
    i just realized something: under the anime category falls manga, and manga is a bookworld kind of thing...

if anime/toonworld is to be made, then it should be a subforum of movieworld and bookworld.

6. Movies & TV   -   #46
    Cheese's Avatar Poster
    Originally posted by atiVidia@5 May 2004 - 19:40
    cheese, not our fault u dont want animeworld.

if 50 topics are started within movieworld, they will be spammed, etc.

besides, when 50 topics are started, who would listen? surely not error, and all the rest might forget.

so starting an animeworld is much better, and if the 50 topics mark is hit legitimately, it stays. this was how linux world was done, and how internetworld was done. much better than your way IEEO

<edit>
    i just realized something: under the anime category falls manga, and manga is a bookworld kind of thing...

if anime/toonworld is to be made, then it should be a subforum of movieworld and bookworld.
    I&#39;m against any subsection being made at all. Each world is simple, you go in there are verified resources and some pinned topics.

There is simply no need for it, Linuxworld is a failure depsite reaching its "target" which was too easy to obtain anyhow.

Internetworld aside the only other subsection of a world is Soulseek which has a big and well documented following on this board. It has earned its subsection, whereas until this topic was brought up no-one made many threads about Anime.

But if you insist go with my idea of a poll versus TV World see how that goes, after all we are after what the majority wants. Or my other idea of going by number of active posters in a the section. Linuxworld has like 3 active posters and should have been deemed a failure.

7th made a mistake by setting the 50 thread criteria for Linuxworld, it was the wrong way to judge the success of a forum.

This is just another bandwagon, next week you guys will be wanting some other sub-section. Good luck.

I think there isnt such a big request for Anime on this board, also in the Anime verified section are request/questions etc. posted.

I think Anime talk can be posted in Movieworld. If you wanna talk about an anime serie/movie you can just post it in the main section

7. Movies & TV   -   #47
    Busyman's Avatar Use Logic Or STFU!!!
    It&#39;s not a bandwagon at all.

Anyone that has seen my posts know that I am an army of one.

Again I&#39;ve heard he arguement that Sportworld should never be made.

Mods said that sports topics belonged in the Lounge.

They were wrong.

I really don&#39;t know how many anime fans are on the board thus we need a poll.

I thought a TV World poll was done already.
    Silly bitch, your weapons cannot harm me. Don't you know who I am? I'm the Juggernaut, Bitchhhh!

Flies Like An Arrow, Flies Like An Apple
    ---12323---4552-----
    2133--STRENGTH--8310
    344---5--5301---3232

8. Movies & TV   -   #48
    Cheese's Avatar Poster
    Originally posted by Busyman@5 May 2004 - 21:57
    It&#39;s not a bandwagon at all.

Anyone that has seen my posts know that I am an army of one.

Again I&#39;ve heard he arguement that Sportworld should never be made.

Mods said that sports topics belonged in the Lounge.

They were wrong.

I really don&#39;t know how many anime fans are on the board thus we need a poll.

I thought a TV World poll was done already.
    Sorry Busyman I was not referring to as being on the bandwagon for this, I&#39;m more than aware that you think for yourself and that you are "an army of one". That&#39;s why I enjoy reading your posts, even though I never agree with you your posts are well thought out and are your own.

But, and I&#39;m being honest here, there are a couple of names in this thread that will just join causes for the sake of it. atiVidia is a prime example of this, earlier it was the sticky mod/admn situation now this...

All that is really needed for Movieworld is a bit more modding, lets get rid of the senseless flaming so that people can post an Anime topic or any other topic without fear of it being ruined by a small minority.

9. Movies & TV   -   #49
    [Removed]

10. Movies & TV   -   #50
    Originally posted by Manny Roscoe@5 May 2004 - 20:40
    [Removed]
    agreed. cheese, get ur ___ out of here before i brand it with a hot iron&#33;&#33;&#33;

Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2345678 ... LastLast