Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Computer Start Up Prob

lynx's Avatar .
    Originally posted by abu_has_the_power@4 May 2004 - 13:00
    if it's a failing graphx card, would it still show the asus boot screen with the head, and then it shows post and the windows xp boot screen. those all show up fine on the screen
    Would it show any of those if it was a failing monitor?
    Sounds to me as if it is ok until it loads XP drivers, and drivers are for the graphics card not the monitor.

Try what has been suggested 3 or 4 tijmes already - cut out your OC and see what happens, at the very least for your graphics card.
    Political correctness is based on the principle that it's possible to pick up a turd by the clean end.

2. Software & Hardware   -   #22
    racer II's Avatar Poster
    I got an old 9600 pro on the shelf here which died coz of a bad bios flash, the card only fails when the drivers are loaded in windows, everything else like the boot screen works fine.

The updated bios had the wrong speeds , ram speed was alot higher then it should have been.
    Flashing the original bios file back didnt work anymore , prolly the ram failed.

So yes it can be your video card but it could be alot of things.
    System:
    LANPARTY UT NF4 SLI-DR Expert
    AMD Athlon 64 X2 4200+
    Xfx 7900gt extreme
    2x Maxtor 250gb sata
    2x Maxtor 80gb (p)ata
    2x 512mb mem , dual channel
    Tagan 580w psu
    Coolermaster stacker case
    Zalman reserator 1

3. Software & Hardware   -   #23
    Poster
    theres a new virus that is causing system crashing slow downs and general PC issues like the one your experiencing. Maybe that is causing it

4. Software & Hardware   -   #24
    Does your computer go into safe mode? Can u boot it up to last known configure? if u can go to start, Run, Type in Msconfig disable everything then see if it work, For everyone that is having slow computers do the samething I beat u u guys have alot of start up idems that are garbage plus run ad aware bet u that it well run a hell alot faster

5. Software & Hardware   -   #25
    abu_has_the_power's Avatar I have cool stars
    seems to be working again. i have a feeling it's the monitor's problem. it's really old and it has some problems with resolutions. thanks guys

6. Software & Hardware   -   #26
    RGX's Avatar Unstoppable

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123