Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Computer Start Up Prob

abu_has_the_power's Avatar I have cool stars
    i start the comp, it goes to the windows xp boot screen with the little blue thingy going across, and then, the screen is black! wtf? i have to restart a few times to get the comp to boot to windows. wtf? the xp boot screen shows up, but it's black after that

2. Software & Hardware   -   #2
    muchspl2
    you sure have alot of problems

3. Software & Hardware   -   #3
    do i? i've only had a few. most of my threads are questions, not always problems. but this is a problem. happened twice today

4. Software & Hardware   -   #4

5. Software & Hardware   -   #5
    tesco's Avatar woowoo
    see if it will boot without ur oc. it could be the warmer weather causing ur temps to be higher or something...just try that and see.

6. Software & Hardware   -   #6
    Poster
    Originally posted by abu_has_the_power@3 May 2004 - 23:34
    i start the comp, it goes to the windows xp boot screen with the little blue thingy going across, and then, the screen is black! wtf? i have to restart a few times to get the comp to boot to windows. wtf? the xp boot screen shows up, but it's black after that
    i dont believe it! i am havign this problem too! PLUS my pc is slow as fk

7. Software & Hardware   -   #7
    weird thing is. here it is:
    i set the standby button on my keyboard to go to the box thing that comes up when u click shut down in start menu. u know, the 1 with 3 buttons (Stand by, Turn off, Restart). while the screen is black and shit, i press the stand by button on my keyboard, and then i press u (shutdown shortcut), and moments later the pc shuts down. i tried that with stand by button then r (restart), and the comp restarted. could this be a prob with my monitor? it is 5 years old

8. Software & Hardware   -   #8
    tesco's Avatar woowoo
    Originally posted by abu_has_the_power@3 May 2004 - 18:54
    i set the standby button on my keyboard to go to the box thing that comes up when u click shut down in start menu. u know, the 1 with 3 buttons (Stand by, Turn off, Restart). while the screen is black and shit, i press the stand by button on my keyboard, and then i press u (shutdown shortcut), and moments later the pc shuts down. i tried that with stand by button then r (restart), and the comp restarted. could this be a prob with my monitor? it is 5 years old
    could be a driver problem. or just an oc problem. take off all oc's on ur computer, see if that helps. if not then fine, atleast u can say you tried that. also try reinstalling\updating ur video drivers.

oh ya and it could be a problem with ur monitor, or even with ur video card have u tried turning off then back on the monitor at a time when it goes black?

9. Software & Hardware   -   #9
    Mïcrösöül°V³'s Avatar Hammer Smashed Face
    i think you have a start up program throwing a bitch fit on boot. does it start up normally in safe mode?

10. Software & Hardware   -   #10
    Originally posted by ROSSCO_2004+3 May 2004 - 18:57--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (ROSSCO_2004 @ 3 May 2004 - 18:57)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-abu_has_the_power@3 May 2004 - 18:54
    could be a driver problem. or just an oc problem. take off all oc&#39;s on ur computer, see if that helps. if not then fine, atleast u can say you tried that. also try reinstalling&#092;updating ur video drivers.

oh ya and it could be a problem with ur monitor, or even with ur video card have u tried turning off then back on the monitor at a time when it goes black? [/b][/quote]
    tried turning off and on the monitor. don&#39;t think it&#39;s a driver issue, cuz it works fine now.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast