Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: 'for Any Kids Of The 70's

(>Zero Cool<)'s Avatar he is Spartacus!
    about four feet that way......no the other way

2. Lounge   -   #2
    uNz[i]'s Avatar Out of order

I had a blue one of those when I was a kid.
    All the other kids on thier dragsters were sooo jealous.

Edit: I see they moved the gear shifter onto the handlebars to "comply with modern safety standards".
    Thats a shame, because the old shifter looked just like a T bar auto gear selector from the muscle cars of the period. That was part of the chopper&#39;s style appeal back then.

3. Lounge   -   #3
    tesco's Avatar woowoo

4. Lounge   -   #4
    Where is the flexible 6 foot pole with the orange flag on top which is supposed to attach to the back of the seat?
    Aren't we in the trust tree, thingey?

5. Lounge   -   #5
    Damn... just did the conversion to see what one would cost me here down under.

199.99 pounds = &#036;490.79 aussie

OUCH&#33;

hobbes: Those flagpoles were an aftermarket extra.

6. Lounge   -   #6
    brenda's Avatar Reborn again BT Rep: +3
    I saw this the other day when i was in Halfords, it looked gorgeous. It reminded me of being a kid and looking at them in the shop window. All those shiny spokes and glossy paintwork. I so wanted one but nnnooooooooo I was a girl I had to have a stupid Raleigh 20 with a basket &#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33; so while all of my mates raced around the estate on Griffters and Choppers, I followed them round on my roller-skates becasue I was to embarraced to go out on my bike :">

Seeing the bike of my childhood dreams only makes those bitter memories harder to bear
    This fate is worse than death. Condemned to live out existence in a vessel incapable of sustaining my true glory. How am I to function with such limitation? - Illyria

7. Lounge   -   #7
    awwww... poor Brenda

That basket that was on your bike... was it the kind that had the pretty flowers on the front?

All the girls in my old neighbourhood had those on thier bikes... and the string safety thing over the back wheel, so thier dresses didn&#39;t get tangled in the spokes.

8. Lounge   -   #8
    Bowen747x's Avatar Poster
    thats pretty hot but not that big of a deal, this guy around the corner from me had 2 or 3 bikes very similar 2 those, bran new 2 or 3 years ago, i was goin 2 buy one of them but didnt get the money b4 he moved
    tYiA

9. Lounge   -   #9
    brenda's Avatar Reborn again BT Rep: +3
    [i]Originally posted by uNz@4 May 2004 - 01:39
    awwww... poor Brenda

That basket that was on your bike... was it the kind that had the pretty flowers on the front?

All the girls in my old neighbourhood had those on thier bikes... and the string safety thing over the back wheel, so thier dresses didn&#39;t get tangled in the spokes.
    ah thanks&#33; it was a wire basket with a white leather satchel from what i recal, it didn&#39;t have the skirt safety thingy, but i wsn&#39;t allowed to wear a skirt anyway because i used to climb trees and end up ripping them
    This fate is worse than death. Condemned to live out existence in a vessel incapable of sustaining my true glory. How am I to function with such limitation? - Illyria

10. Lounge   -   #10
    bujub22's Avatar THE GREAT
    born in 79 so i had this

yah&#33;

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast