Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Counter Strike Install

Hi i just downloaded Halflife counter strike retail thats 428 MB (449,383,227 bytes)
    in size,when i install it i get an error message right when its at the end,it says eula.txt could not be opened and the install ends.Can you guys show me how to install it?.I need the eula.txt to install the counter strike updates if i dont have it,i get an error when i install the cs1005 update.

If you guys have a different way of installing it so it works please post here.
    Thanks in advance

2. Games   -   #2
    Lick My Lovepump
    Firstly, you probably downloaded from Kazaa. Big mistake (you should at least use verifieds).
    Secondly, you can get all the Counter Strike you want using Steam, and a CD key you can pick up for a few quid in a bargain bin.
    Thirdly, it'll be corrupt.

3. Games   -   #3
    Monkeee's Avatar Post Whore
    lol you wont be able to play without a real cd-key... and plus they sell counter-strike for like 2$!!!

4. Games   -   #4
    Lick My Lovepump
    Originally posted by Monkeee@4 May 2004 - 07:08
    lol you wont be able to play without a real cd-key... and plus they sell counter-strike for like 2$!!!
    Thats basically what I said

5. Games   -   #5
    Sp-Am
    I have the same file. It works fine.

But it's missing eula.txt

6. Games   -   #6
    Sp-Am can you show me how you made it work?,i cant apply the 1005 patch to it.

I can play the training only but i cant apply the patch so i can play a multiplayer game on a server.

7. Games   -   #7
    Sp-Am
    I'm not saying that I made it work over a server. I'm saying even though it's missing a file, it still works. I've tried it with bots. I've also tried the patch, it didn't work for me. But why do you think a missing text file is preventing the update from being installed?

8. Games   -   #8
    Monkeee's Avatar Post Whore
    dude n000bs you cant play online so stop TRYING!! unless you wanna play with bots... which is hardly fun! just go BUY the GAME! and DOWNLOAD 1.6!!!

9. Games   -   #9
    you can play on servers with the backup i did it b4 but this time it didnt work,hehe.

the text file is preventing the patch from working because it has to open it for the installation to be complete.
    If its not complete your computer has it as not installed.

can someone send me the file please?.
    EULA.TXT in the counter strike directory

10. Games   -   #10
    Formula1's Avatar Poster
    Originally posted by Mad Cat@4 May 2004 - 07:15
    Firstly, you probably downloaded from Kazaa. Big mistake (you should at least use verifieds).
    Secondly, you can get all the Counter Strike you want using Steam, and a CD key you can pick up for a few quid in a bargain bin.
    Thirdly, it'll be corrupt.
    Steam doesnt work for most people, and steam sucks! imho.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast