Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: Ati Schoolz Nvidia

Poster
    I'm not denying the X800 is better, just that that picture doesn't say much about the cards at all.

2. Software & Hardware   -   #32
    lynx's Avatar .
    Originally posted by adamp2p+5 May 2004 - 13:54--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (adamp2p &#064; 5 May 2004 - 13:54)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
    Originally posted by lynx@5 May 2004 - 01:50
    <!--QuoteBegin-adamp2p

So far all you&#39;ve shown is videos and pictures and impressions, no hard facts.

A picture which is garbage not only tells you about the dump, it tells you that the people who took it habituate the dump.
    That screenshot comparison is a fact&#33; You draw your own conclusions&#33;&#33;&#33;

[/b][/quote]
    As far as I can tell it could be a comparison of screen resolution. It tells me nothing else.

Uses Beta drivers for the X800 card, but older drivers (60.72) for the 6800. Hardly a fair comparison yet the 6800 competes well and often beats (I think they said trounces) the X800.

A much more honest comparison, the 6800 Ultra almost keeps up with Ati&#39;s flagship Platinum Edition. Can&#39;t wait to see the results for Nvidia&#39;s flagship 6850 Ultra.

Seems like a reasonable review. The 6800 Ultra seems about on a par with the X800 Pro (actually it beats it more times than it is beaten), and sometimes beats the X800 PE. Again, I&#39;d like to see those tests repeated with the 6850 Ultra.

I fail to see why they make any comparisons with features on the Nvidia cards when they haven&#39;t even bothered to test them. Sheer bias.

It&#39;s a shame you pointed to the conclusions rather than the start of the comparisons, because I don&#39;t really see that the conclusions drawn are totally justified. For example, how can driverheaven use words like "trounces" to describe the way the 6800 beats the X800 (even with old drivers) and still come to the conclusion that the X800 Pro is a clear winner.

Of those reviews, only anandtech&#39;s is really objective, and like me they want to see the 6850 results.

Btw, you really must do some remedial study for your math. The cost of your cards works out at about &#036;1 per hour, not per day.
    Political correctness is based on the principle that it's possible to pick up a turd by the clean end.

3. Software & Hardware   -   #33
    Originally posted by lynx+5 May 2004 - 08:44--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (lynx @ 5 May 2004 - 08:44)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
    Originally posted by adamp2p@5 May 2004 - 13:54
    Originally posted by lynx@5 May 2004 - 01:50
    <!--QuoteBegin-adamp2p

So far all you&#39;ve shown is videos and pictures and impressions, no hard facts.

A picture which is garbage not only tells you about the dump, it tells you that the people who took it habituate the dump.

That screenshot comparison is a fact&#33; You draw your own conclusions&#33;&#33;&#33;

As far as I can tell it could be a comparison of screen resolution. It tells me nothing else.

Uses Beta drivers for the X800 card, but older drivers (60.72) for the 6800. Hardly a fair comparison yet the 6800 competes well and often beats (I think they said trounces) the X800.

A much more honest comparison, the 6800 Ultra almost keeps up with Ati&#39;s flagship Platinum Edition. Can&#39;t wait to see the results for Nvidia&#39;s flagship 6850 Ultra.

Seems like a reasonable review. The 6800 Ultra seems about on a par with the X800 Pro (actually it beats it more times than it is beaten), and sometimes beats the X800 PE. Again, I&#39;d like to see those tests repeated with the 6850 Ultra.

I fail to see why they make any comparisons with features on the Nvidia cards when they haven&#39;t even bothered to test them. Sheer bias.

It&#39;s a shame you pointed to the conclusions rather than the start of the comparisons, because I don&#39;t really see that the conclusions drawn are totally justified. For example, how can driverheaven use words like "trounces" to describe the way the 6800 beats the X800 (even with old drivers) and still come to the conclusion that the X800 Pro is a clear winner.

Of those reviews, only anandtech&#39;s is really objective, and like me they want to see the 6850 results.

Btw, you really must do some remedial study for your math. The cost of your cards works out at about &#036;1 per hour, not per day. [/b][/quote]
    Why won&#39;t you just admit it? I really don&#39;t know either...

4. Software & Hardware   -   #34
    bigdawgfoxx's Avatar Big Dawg
    Yeah, after all those conclusions..Im gona have to say the ATI card is once again the leader... but theres just so many charts showing the 6800 winning, and the x800 winning...its hard to decide. And all this bullshit about "ohhh well the drivers arent that good yet"...thats bullshit...release your card with decent drivers or dont release them.

Thats like releasing a new Ferrari with bad gear ratios...
    [SIZE=1]AMD 4200 X2 @ 2.65Ghz, ASRock 939-VSTA
    1.75GB PC3200, 2 X 160GB Seagate w/ 8MB Buffer
    HIS Radeon X800 Pro, Antec Super Lanboy Aluminum

5. Software & Hardware   -   #35
    Originally posted by bigdawgfoxx@5 May 2004 - 16:01
    Yeah, after all those conclusions..Im gona have to say the ATI card is once again the leader... but theres just so many charts showing the 6800 winning, and the x800 winning...its hard to decide. And all this bullshit about "ohhh well the drivers arent that good yet"...thats bullshit...release your card with decent drivers or dont release them.

Thats like releasing a new Ferrari with bad gear ratios...
    To be honest with you, I don&#39;t plan on upgrading until the next generation platforms are released (ie. PCI Express etc.). So if somehow Nvidia can convince me to cross over in the next two months, they will have my dollar.

But if things stay the way they are now, ATi is the way to go-that&#39;s for sure from what is being reported at this time from the entire Internet Journalist community...

There is no argument that at this time ATi is the performance leader. However, this may soon not be the case by the time PCI Express and the next gen platforms are released...

Take care,

Adam

6. Software & Hardware   -   #36
    Poster
    yeah but that will set you back a few &#036;&#036;&#036; If your talking about upgrading to a PCI Express mobo plus G card....

anyhoo i was going to ask how much the R9800XT will be (retail) after these cards gets released (X800 pro etc.)

Does anybody know if they will be shipped to new zealand any time soon... i cant WAIT&#33;

7. Software & Hardware   -   #37
    Originally posted by Dray_04@5 May 2004 - 16:21
    yeah but that will set you back a few &#036;&#036;&#036; If your talking about upgrading to a PCI Express mobo plus G card....

anyhoo i was going to ask how much the R9800XT will be (retail) after these cards gets released (X800 pro etc.)

Does anybody know if they will be shipped to new zealand any time soon... i cant WAIT&#33;
    I have a lot of money in the bank right now (I got hit by a moving car and got a substantial settlement)...so I plan on dumping about &#036;2000 USD on a new system this summer...

8. Software & Hardware   -   #38
    atiVidia's Avatar ^would've been cool.
    ok listen up:

when dx9.0c comes out and allows ps3, and games start to support 32bit floats, ATI will fall onto its knees

ati fanboy

9. Software & Hardware   -   #39
    tesco's Avatar woowoo
    Originally posted by atiVidia@5 May 2004 - 19:33
    ok listen up:

when dx9.0c comes out and allows ps3, and games start to support 32bit floats, ATI will fall onto its knees

ati fanboy
    but by then ati will have released a new card anyway

10. Software & Hardware   -   #40
    Poster
    Is someone going to answer my question

how much will the R9800XT be?&#33;

Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast