Thread: Please Help Me

trex9999
    :helpsmile: :helpsmile: :helpsmile: :helpsmile: :helpsmile: :helpsmile:
    halo there, can u guys help me to tell me what media player to play some certain movie that shared in the kazza but cant open, even using Divx.
    example is the movie dawn of dead cd1 teg telecine.avi, i using window series 9 to open, the movie can run but dont show the picture and sound.
    please reply me, thanks.

2. Software & Hardware   -   #2
    Download movie codecs. I had the same problem. Once I downloaded them, the movies worked.

3. Software & Hardware   -   #3
    No get Videolan , you dont have to install any codec,s , it uses its own and plays just about all formats, even within rar files , and iso bin

great for previewing movies as they download

download vlc here
    http://www.videolan.org/vlc/

4. Software & Hardware   -   #4
    Get The K-Lite Mega Codec Pack. The site also has a link to a custom VideoLan installer, which is a good stand-alone player (has it's own codecs). Go with both. Have questions? follow the instructions of the installer or Google it.

-- Xero Grid --
    <span style='color:green'>Supertrick XG Forums</span> | Supertrick XG - Your solution to ads, pop-ups, malicious code, and the rest of the garbage just floating around the web.

5. Software & Hardware   -   #5
    zapjb's Avatar Computer Abuser BT Rep: +3
    I resent the title of this thread. Please help me. Give me a fn break. Be more descriptive.

6. Software & Hardware   -   #6
    Sp-Am
    Originally posted by trex9999@5 May 2004 - 03:48
    :helpsmile: :helpsmile: :helpsmile: :helpsmile: :helpsmile: :helpsmile:
    halo there, can u guys help me to tell me what media player to play some certain movie that shared in the kazza but cant open, even using Divx.
    example is the movie dawn of dead cd1 teg telecine.avi, i using window series 9 to open, the movie can run but dont show the picture and sound.
    please reply me, thanks.
    That looks like a fake file. Looking at the filename.

7. Software & Hardware   -   #7
    Originally posted by Xero Grid@5 May 2004 - 04:20
    Get The K-Lite Mega Codec Pack. The site also has a link to a custom VideoLan installer, which is a good stand-alone player (has it&#39;s own codecs). Go with both. Have questions? follow the instructions of the installer or Google it.

-- Xero Grid --
    You do not need a codec pack at all if you are only going to watch movies downloaded from the net, videolan will play almost all formats that i have seen from the net

the only other thing i needed to add was an ac3 filter for movies still coded with surround sound

the only real reason to use a codec pack , is if you want to watch them with wmp , or another player like bsplayer

on the other hand if you are going to encoded / change the format of movies then yes get a codec pack

8. Software & Hardware   -   #8
    Yes, exactly. But, I said to get both, not only to be sure of being able to watch everything, but so you have a choice. I wanted him to chose on his own

-- Xero Grid --
    <span style='color:green'>Supertrick XG Forums</span> | Supertrick XG - Your solution to ads, pop-ups, malicious code, and the rest of the garbage just floating around the web.