Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Depth Perception

Poster
    me and my freind had this arguement for about an hour the otther day and we still cant agee.

if you could see from 1 eye and couldnt movve your head and were put in a strangee envoirenment could you work out how far away stuff was??
    A good game is still good if its late, a bad game is bad forever, Shigeru Miyamoto

2. Lounge   -   #2
    No, you need to triangulate it.
    Aren't we in the trust tree, thingey?

3. Lounge   -   #3
    vidcc's Avatar there is no god
    well i'm getting of the age when i need the examination, so i am going to make sure the proctologist has both eyes open to get the triangulation right

it’s an election with no Democrats, in one of the whitest states in the union, where rich candidates pay $35 for your votes. Or, as Republicans call it, their vision for the future.

4. Lounge   -   #4
    Originally posted by BigBoo@6 May 2004 - 01:13
    me and my freind had this arguement for about an hour the otther day and we still cant agee.

if you could see from 1 eye and couldnt movve your head and were put in a strangee envoirenment could you work out how far away stuff was??
    no, with one eye you have no depth perception, how did you get into an arguement about that?

5. Lounge   -   #5
    100%'s Avatar ╚════╩═╬════╝
    i dont agree with you SillyRumours

Without 2 eyes you cant see 3Dimensional effects
    yet
    you are obviously able to see distance, and will be able to distinguish between what is close and far.
    if not then everything would be as flat as a comic book.

I know a guy who has one eye and for some fkd up reason he works in a company that make 3D holagrams for advertising-he is unable to see these effects but i never saw him walk into walls

6. Lounge   -   #6
    JONNO_CELEBS's Avatar Densly Loadan BT Rep: +20BT Rep +20BT Rep +20BT Rep +20
    My uncle has been blind in 1 eye most of his life, how the hell he's allowed to drive I have no idea, but he owns a building firm and never falls off roofs or anything, I have 2 eyes and am always waliking into stuff

Jonno B)
    Thinking about 1
    My Place & Arcade

7. Lounge   -   #7
    100%'s Avatar ╚════╩═╬════╝
    Oooops-i just scanned the web for
    monoeyedcyclopsdepthperception

it came out with

People with one eye-have LESS Depth Perception
    it is hence not true that they have No Depthperception

BigBoo-ALL your questions are answered here = http://www.losteye.com/depthper.htm

lose an eye, & you will lose some depth perception. The key is "some" which for most people turns out to be "very little".
    You can help it out by practicing your one-eyed depth perception, such as by laying on your back and repeatedly throwing a tennis ball straight up in the air
    I have tried this & i have 2 eyes its dangerous

NontheLess my earlier statement still holds

8. Lounge   -   #8
    that's good research Zedaxax , it makes sense that there are levels of depth perception, now armed with this knowledge i can teach that damn cyclops down the road a lesson: he has less depth perception than me

9. Lounge   -   #9
    Poster
    its just one of those things that i thought of.

i said you need to triangulate and he (being almost blind in one eye) said it cant be true. i tried explaining that he triangulates by moving his head. then when we got home my brother brought focus into the arguement.
    A good game is still good if its late, a bad game is bad forever, Shigeru Miyamoto

10. Lounge   -   #10
    Virtualbody1234's Avatar Forum Star BT Rep: +2
    That's it. Focus!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast