Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Outlook Express 6

Can somebody please tell me what to do, in my outlook express settings so that i dont keep getting this error message below.

The host 'smpt.freeserve.co.uk' could not be found. Please verify that you have entered the server name correctly. Account: 'pop.freeserve.com', Server: 'smpt.freeserve.co.uk', Protocol: SMTP, Port: 25, Secure(SSL): Yes, Socket Error: 11001, Error Number: 0x800CCC0D

I have gone into outlook express,through

Tools>Accounts>Mail>Properties>General>Servers, and have put all the settings back in place through this link below, but i am still getting the error message, could somebody please offer any suggestions to this annoying problem.

http://www.wanadoo.co.uk/help/beginnerguid...asysettings.htm

MANY THANKS
    SINDASOX :helpsmile: :helpsmile:

2. Software & Hardware   -   #2
    blank BT Rep: +1
    go to start, then control panel, then add/remove programs, and UNINSTALL outlook!!!

that will def get rid of your problem!

seriously though, do yourself a massive favour and get rid of it. Get another program. Theres loads better out there. If u insist of using outlook u might as well download some viruses or throw ur pc in the bin
    Shut that cunt’s mouth or I’ll come over there and fuckstart her head.

3. Software & Hardware   -   #3
    mate , the best way to get a virus / trojan/ worm is to use outlook express,

if ya wanna check you isp mail , divert it to a hotmail service, and check all your mail via hotmail and stop downloading all the crap outlook brings with it

go to your isp account and divert all mail to a hotmail account

4. Software & Hardware   -   #4
    I'm asking for help with a problem on outlook express regarding an error message, answers slagging OE off are no help to me guys

SINDASOX

5. Software & Hardware   -   #5
    blank BT Rep: +1
    we are helping.

some one will sorry for u and will tell u the answer in a bit but if no one does and u really really want to stick with it try looking at ur settings again

esp this bit "'smpt.freeserve.co.uk' " cos it should be smpt.freeserve.com.
    Shut that cunt’s mouth or I’ll come over there and fuckstart her head.

6. Software & Hardware   -   #6
    Mozilla Thunderbird?

-- Xero Grid --
    <span style='color:green'>Supertrick XG Forums</span> | Supertrick XG - Your solution to ads, pop-ups, malicious code, and the rest of the garbage just floating around the web.

7. Software & Hardware   -   #7
    Chewie's Avatar Chew E. Bakke
    Originally posted by sindasox@6 May 2004 - 17:21
    The host &#39;smpt.freeserve.co.uk&#39; could not be found. Please verify that you have entered the server name correctly. Account: &#39;pop.freeserve.com&#39;, Server: &#39;smpt.freeserve.co.uk&#39;, Protocol: SMTP, Port: 25, Secure(SSL): Yes, Socket Error: 11001, Error Number: 0x800CCC0D
    OE is telling you that it can&#39;t connect to a server called smpt.freeserve.co.uk
    This could be for several reasons but the most likely one is that the server&#39;s name is smtp.freeserve.co.uk.
    Easy mistake to make.
    There isn't a bargepole long enough for me to work on [a Sony Viao] - clocker 2008

8. Software & Hardware   -   #8
    i will tell you the best truth

never use outlook express mate

wanna download a virus , use outlook express

mate redirect all mail to a hotmail account

all isp&#39;s will allow you to redirect, and check all your mail via hotmail, or another online mail account

never use outlook express

9. Software & Hardware   -   #9
    Chewie's Avatar Chew E. Bakke
    Originally posted by delphin460@6 May 2004 - 19:33
    i will tell you the best truth

never use outlook express mate

wanna download a virus , use outlook express

mate redirect all mail to a hotmail account

all isp&#39;s will allow you to redirect, and check all your mail via hotmail, or another online mail account

never use outlook express
    No, people should use what they want to or are comfortable using. OE is much more useful than Hotmail for people on pay-per-call dialup as you don&#39;t need to be online to read mail, just to get them.
    If they&#39;re going to use OE though, they&#39;ve got to change it&#39;s settings to increase security.
    There isn't a bargepole long enough for me to work on [a Sony Viao] - clocker 2008

10. Software & Hardware   -   #10
    Chewie, Thanks for your suggestion, but i tried that and it&#39;s still exactly the same.

Delphin, I dont get any problems with OE mate, but on the few occasions i have been on hotmail, i was having JUNK MAIL HITTING ME FROM LEFT, RIGHT, AND CENTRE.

SINDASOX

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast