I have quite possibly the oddest problem I've ever had with internet browsing. My IE was acting funny, I can't remember when it started. I would type in websites in the blank space like usual, for instance www.amazon.com or www.msn.com. It would say "could not open the search page" or "could not find page", occasionally it would give me the "page cannot be displayed" thing. Now, I've corrected problems like this before easily. This one is damn tricky. I tried plenty things but could not correct it. The thing that confuses me is that things would happen like this:
1) I type in www.amazon.com and get one of the previous error messages.
3 seconds later,
2) I type in www.amazon.com and it works!
1) I type in www.msn.com and get one of the previous error messages.
3 seconds later,
2) I type in www.msn.com and it works!
Does that make any sense to you? Nothing had changed at all! So, I decided to get Mozilla as my browser. Downloaded it, installed it, used it. Same damn problem. I have no clue what is going on here, let me say though that of the 3 messages this one is the most common: "could not open the search page". Also let me note: this problem seems to be random. Sometimes I will browse for 20 minutes, viewing several different sites with no problem at all, whereas sometimes it would be off an on. I have no viruses or anything. No spyware/adware, I think. I use norton anti-virus fully updated, spybot s&d fully updated, adaware updated, etc. I may have a trojan or something because for the love of me I cannot find a free trojan scanner/eliminator. Perhaps it has something to do with just configuration or something.