Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Is This Worth It ?

I was checking out ebay and I found this. I was looking to spend arround 1,200 usd to try and build 1. You all know more about hardware than I do and I want your imput ...

2. Software & Hardware   -   #2
    Originally posted by ricochet@6 May 2004 - 21:54
    I was checking out ebay and I found this. I was looking to spend arround 1,200 usd to try and build 1. You all know more about hardware than I do and I want your imput ...

Don't order anything off of ebay unless you can afford to find out that you got something different that you thought you were going to get.

You are relying on PEOPLE!

3. Software & Hardware   -   #3
    I use ebay all the time and find that there are alot of trustworthy people there. You just have to find the right sellers. I check some of the stuff the guy bought and they are in what he is selling. So it looks like everything there is what he is selling. Id look for the stuff seperately and if you cant get it cheaper then go for it. Its a nice system.
    Need a cheap/easy way of modding your xbox? Check this out.

4. Software & Hardware   -   #4
    The seller seems to have the need to overestimate the ability of the machine:

* Asus k8v SE-Deluxe motherboard (This motherboard is amazing. It has built in RAID, Ethernet, 6.1 audio, and other fast amazing capabilites)
    Amazing, eh? How exactly?

* Thermaltake SKull VM3000A Mid Tower (This case includes 4 fans, fan controller, and LED display. You cant beat this style of case)
    Can't beat the style of the case? Isn't that down to personal preference?

* Maxtor 250 GB 8 MB Cache 7200 rpm (Exceeds the amount of room you will ever need for games, music, pictures, and movies)
    450 over here and still running out...

* ATI 9600 XT 128 MB video card (The best video card for gaming. Nothing beats an ATI video card!!&#33
    9600 XT is obviously not the best card for gaming, there are many better alternatives...

5. Software & Hardware   -   #5
    Hes just trying to convince pc illiterate people to buy it.

6. Software & Hardware   -   #6
    Originally posted by SingaBoiy@7 May 2004 - 07:26
    Hes just trying to convince pc illiterate people to buy it.
    Evidently

7. Software & Hardware   -   #7
    it seems worth it to me.

Klite Clan : <span style='color:purple'> [ThE_Def-EndERS]</span>
    [Clan Site]

8. Software & Hardware   -   #8
    Double Agent
    9600xt certainly is not the best card for gaming but it&#39;s economical and affordable for medium range gamers.

The machines looks ok, although I think it&#39;s overpriced a bit, see if you can convince the seller to part with it for a grand.

9. Software & Hardware   -   #9
    BANNED
    yep m8 it isnt that bad if you want a used all-in one as it is above..you could easy do better buildin&#39; your own....dont listen to half the noobs around here m8 they&#39;ll always pick holes n hav&#39;nt got a clue what they&#39;re on abt..

10. Software & Hardware   -   #10
    This is what he payed for that system:

Ram - 90
    HDD - 160
    DVD+RW - 54.50
    9600XT - 125
    CPU - 200
    (About 55 shipping total for these items)

Thats all that I could check on what he spent, everything else he got more then 3 month ago. But is an estimate for the other stuff.
    Case + PSU - 70
    56k modem - 3
    Floppy - 8
    Motherboard - 100
    (About 25 shipping for these items)

Thats around 810
    Plus there shipping on individual items

So I wouldnt pay more then 900 for that. Its still a nice system.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast