Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: My Speakers

orcutt989's Avatar Blargh
    but that doesnt make any sense, ive had the same sound card ever since i bought the computer, and never had any problems with sound. so how could it be the power supply?

2. Software & Hardware   -   #12
    clocker's Avatar Shovel Ready
    Originally posted by orcutt989@8 May 2004 - 16:07
    but that doesnt make any sense, ive had the same sound card ever since i bought the computer, and never had any problems with sound. so how could it be the power supply?
    It hardly matters "how" your problem came to pass...what's important is isolating the cause and then fixing it.

Power supplies, just like soundcards, don't last forever, so it's a possibility I guess.
    "I am the one who knocks."- Heisenberg

3. Software & Hardware   -   #13
    thanks everyone for your help, i'll try these suggestions. if it ends up being none of them, ill just have to get a new computer. its not worth the money trying to fix this one up, when i could just get a new computer thats better for less.

4. Software & Hardware   -   #14
    Poster
    have you checed your windows speaker volumes?! maybe too high, it happebnwed to me, i played music once noise all distored, i checked the volume settings - they were at max and i never touch em!
    <span style='font-size:8pt;line-height:100%'><span style='color:blue'><span style='font-family:Arial'>AMD 2600
    512 DDR RAM
    160GB HDD
    GeForce 5600 FX 256mb
    Sony DVD writer +/-
    Windows XP</span></span>
    <span style='color:red'><span style='font-size:8pt;line-height:100%'>Bit torrent client - ABC</span></span></span>

5. Software & Hardware   -   #15
    atiVidia's Avatar ^would've been cool.
    just get a new comp in a month and throw that POS away

6. Software & Hardware   -   #16
    holy shit. The sound works now for some reason&#33; I did a window&#39;s update this morning, thats all that i did. And for some reason it decided to work&#33;&#33;

7. Software & Hardware   -   #17
    Originally posted by orcutt989@12 May 2004 - 11:28
    holy shit. The sound works now for some reason&#33; I did a window&#39;s update this morning, thats all that i did. And for some reason it decided to work&#33;&#33;
    Cool. Glad you could get things sorted out.
    Need a cheap/easy way of modding your xbox? Check this out.

8. Software & Hardware   -   #18
    Thanks for your help everyone.

9. Software & Hardware   -   #19
    Ok my sound is now totally distorted again. Does anyone have any idea whats going on?

10. Software & Hardware   -   #20
    backlash's Avatar usenet lover
    I&#39;d try searching for the latest drivers, OR have the original drivers and try those.

I had a sound issue out of nowhere and tried to update the drivers...worked for a bit, then caused my system to crash. That&#39;s why I say to have the drivers used originally *they are known to work*.

I&#39;d also, remove sound card from device manager and reboot and install drivers from there.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast