Thread: Use Qt/rp Alternative In Wmp 9?

I think the basic idea behind Real Player Alternative and Quicktime Alternative is sound, but what's kept me away from them thus far is the fact that they only seem to work in Media Player classic? I know a lot of people dislike WMP 9/10 because of the new features and DRM stuff, but most of it can be disabled and the DRM stuff has never gotten in the way of any files I've tried to play. Personally I like the new interface in WMP 9/10 a lot better and prefer to use that, so my question is is it possible to use the QT and RP alternative codecs in WMP9 somehow? Thanks in advance.

2. Software & Hardware   -   #2
    QT Alternative also contains a directshow filter.

If you install that, then in theory you should be able to play RealMedia files with any player that supports directshow, including WMP9.

3. Software & Hardware   -   #3
    Alright, well I'm not a computer newbie, but I'm not too familiar with codecs and such. How do I go about doing that?

4. Software & Hardware   -   #4
    ...Anybody? Do I just have to register a file or some such? I'm not sure how to do this...

5. Software & Hardware   -   #5
    Originally posted by Paradox52525@13 May 2004 - 23:53
    ...Anybody? Do I just have to register a file or some such? I'm not sure how to do this...
    Click file -> open

Choose file type to any file *.*

Image Resized
    [img]http://img8.imageshack.us/img8/3403/fff1.JPG' width='200' height='120' border='0' alt='click for full size view'>

Open your file

you will get a prompt about the file not being recongnized by windoows click yes and check the box.

Next time you will be able to drag the file on to the play list. B)

6. Software & Hardware   -   #6
    Oooh, I see. So the Directshow filters were installed by the RPA/QTA installers already I'm guessing? I was under the impression I had to do that manually. Thanks for clearing that up, it works great. I can play realmedia files and quicktime files in WMP 10 (beta) now. Thanks ^_^.

7. Software & Hardware   -   #7
    Originally posted by Paradox52525@14 May 2004 - 05:36
    Oooh, I see. So the Directshow filters were installed by the RPA/QTA installers already I'm guessing? I was under the impression I had to do that manually. Thanks for clearing that up, it works great. I can play realmedia files and quicktime files in WMP 10 (beta) now. Thanks ^_^.
    No problem. Glad that I could help. B)