Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Help With Case Fan

Ok... I want to add an extra fan to my new pc. I dont want to wait for one to be shipped to me online. So I am going to take the one from my old pc's psu. Could I just snip the cord that connects the fan to the psu and connect it to this little thing?

Image Resized
    [img]http://home.comcast.net/~klb59642004/images/DVC00008.JPG' width='200' height='120' border='0' alt='click for full size view'>
    Need a cheap/easy way of modding your xbox? Check this out.

2. Software & Hardware   -   #2
    clocker's Avatar Shovel Ready
    Sure.
    Be aware that the typical PSU fan is not the greatest in the world, but it'll do till you get a better one.
    "I am the one who knocks."- Heisenberg

3. Software & Hardware   -   #3
    I have a normal case fan that has those connection sockets, i use the smaller one into the mobo so i can moniter it and it doesnt waster a molex connection that i may need for hard drives etc...

Just have a lookat your CPU fan and you will see it's connected that way so just find another connection that looks like it and plug it in

4. Software & Hardware   -   #4
    Just finished about 5 min ago. Works good. The fan i just put in is quiet. The only thing I was afraid of was zapping myself... the only wire-cutters i coulc find were these all metal ones. Im running about 5 degrees C cooler.

I dont want to close my case though... I couldnt find any electrical tape So im afraid of the wires touching.

Image Resized
    [img]http://home.comcast.net/~klb59642004/images/DVC00010.JPG' width='200' height='120' border='0' alt='click for full size view'>

Image Resized
    [img]http://home.comcast.net/~klb59642004/images/DVC00011.JPG' width='200' height='120' border='0' alt='click for full size view'>

5. Software & Hardware   -   #5
    Originally posted by SingaBoiy@9 May 2004 - 13:26
    Just finished about 5 min ago. Works good. The fan i just put in is quiet. The only thing I was afraid of was zapping myself... the only wire-cutters i coulc find were these all metal ones. Im running about 5 degrees C cooler.

I dont want to close my case though... I couldnt find any electrical tape So im afraid of the wires touching.

Image Resized
    Image Resized
    [img]http://home.comcast.net/~klb59642004/images/DVC00010.JPG' width='200' height='120' border='0' alt='click for full size view'>

Image Resized
    Image Resized
    [img]http://home.comcast.net/~klb59642004/images/DVC00011.JPG' width='200' height='120' border='0' alt='click for full size view'>
    My PC case hasnt been on for a couple of months and i know alot of other people leave theres off and it's totally safe. Just leave it off untill you get some electrical tape .

6. Software & Hardware   -   #6
    Yea I havent closed mine in a long time. But the reason i did this was to be able to close it to reduce the noise level w/o my machine getting too hot. Ill pick up some tape tomorrow. Do you know if these are any good?

I was thinking of getting 2... one at my top pci slot and one at the bottom. B)

7. Software & Hardware   -   #7
    FlyingDutchman's Avatar Poster
    Originally posted by SingaBoiy@9 May 2004 - 13:26

come on,

A drinking straw, some glue, a small piece of paper rolled up tight.

Most anything can help you out here.

8. Software & Hardware   -   #8
    Nah, im just gonna wait and get some tape. :music1:

9. Software & Hardware   -   #9
    tesco's Avatar woowoo
    YES! your doing it the way I do stuff. i also got 2 of my fans out of old power supply's and snipped the wires, only I connected them to 7v instead of 12....so they are quieter

10. Software & Hardware   -   #10
    Originally posted by ROSSCO_2004@9 May 2004 - 05:39
    YES! your doing it the way I do stuff. i also got 2 of my fans out of old power supply's and snipped the wires, only I connected them to 7v instead of 12....so they are quieter

This is a very quiet fan. I think if it werent for my cpu fan being so loud, my system might be noise-less.

I was thinking about getting my old pc running as a server but w/o a psu fan... im gonna wait on it.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast