Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Firmware Updates?

keyser_soze's Avatar Poster
    Any1 got any suggestions on where to get firmware updates, I have a nec 9100a cdrw, when I use nero's incd(packet writing software) my discs show up as music discs even when they are not, it suggests updating the firmware should solve the problem but I can't find any even on nec's own site, I have emailed nec support and still hav'nt got a reply, that was 3 week ago, any web searches for 9100a firmware have ended up giving me links to boards where some1 else has been looking for the firmware but with no answers Any1 :helpsmile: me out it would be appreciated.

Btw how do u check DMA is enabled on the drive in windows xp.

2. Software & Hardware   -   #2
    tesco's Avatar woowoo
    if u dont find teh firmware update on nec's website, chances are there isnt one.

for dma, go to device manager (right click my computer>manage>click device manager on teh left side) then click "IDE\ATA ATAPI controllers">double click either primary ide chanel, or secondary ide channel (depending on which channel teh drive is plugged into which u want to check)> then click advanced settings and it will say:
    device 0
    current transfer mode: xxx

device 1
    current transfer mode: xxx

like in this pic:

good luck.

3. Software & Hardware   -   #3
    vivitron 15's Avatar Poster
    http://forum.rpc1.org/portal.php

this is the ultimate site for all firmware for everything
    <insert signature here>

4. Software & Hardware   -   #4
    Cheers m8 all the signs are there that there is&#39;nt a firmware update, nero advises switching off dma might solve it but does&#39;nt seem to, is there any other way of changing how my pc see&#39;s incd formatted discs? it is&#39;nt that much of a problem but it means I have to knock off autoplay on my music discs.

5. Software & Hardware   -   #5
    BTW that board link is the same place my web searches send me to sowing 2 ppl asking same question as me.

6. Software & Hardware   -   #6
    Chewie's Avatar Chew E. Bakke
    I don&#39;t use CDRW discs and packet writing, but...
    WinXP has native support for packet writing (developed by Roxio so who know how good it is? ) so try uninstalling InCD and dragging some files to a CDRW disc.
    Another option is to install a full ASPI layer as it&#39;s often not complete with Nero/XP setups.
    There isn't a bargepole long enough for me to work on [a Sony Viao] - clocker 2008

7. Software & Hardware   -   #7
    I&#39;ve tried xp&#39;s own p/writing software m8 and to b honest its shit once a file is dropped onto the cdrw u can overwrite it but not delete it, plus all the files on the disc are read only so if I for instance want to modify a spread sheet I first need to save to somewhere else like my docs then write to disc and if I want to delete a folder or file I need copy everything I want to keep to pc,erase disc and rewrite all the stuff I wanna keep bit of an arse. With incd I can rename,save delete and copy and paste to folders just like a hard drive, other than it shows up as a music cd.

I&#39;ve searched all night for the web page that explains what to do so I could post the link in case I&#39;ve read it wrong but just can&#39;t find it, I&#39;ll post the instructions as soon as I find it again, laways same when u need something.

BTW
    Another option is to install a full ASPI layer as it&#39;s often not complete with Nero/XP setups.
    well, well over my head.

8. Software & Hardware   -   #8
    tesco's Avatar woowoo
    i just got an idea, although I doubt it will work...

double click the cdrw in my computer, then right click and go to customize this folder>then under "use this folder type as a template" choose documents or something.

although I doubt this will work, as I dont even think it is your problem. but it is worth a try.

9. Software & Hardware   -   #9
    clocker's Avatar Shovel Ready
    Originally posted by keyser_soze@8 May 2004 - 17:40

BTW
    well, well over my head.
    The ASPI layer explained...
    "I am the one who knocks."- Heisenberg

10. Software & Hardware   -   #10
    BANNED
    nero uses its own m8 n xp dose&#39;nt have aspi install by default.....

force aspi 17 is the best to use for windows apps...

firmware for Pioneer DVR-A03 & Pioneer DVR-A04 for any one that has one...

http://firmwares.co.uk/

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast