Page 1 of 7 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Cooling Fans And Thermal Compound

Poster
    okay guys im planning on getting an Asus P4C800-E DELUXE mobo with aIntel Pentium 4/ 3.0C GHz 800MHz FSB, 512KB L2 Cache processor what I was wondering is what cooling fan should I get and what thermal paste should I use, also if you guys can recommend me a better or cheaper substitution for the motherboard that would be great thanks for any help in advance. constructive critiscm is all i really need

2. Software & Hardware   -   #2
    atiVidia's Avatar ^would've been cool.
    try to get a p4 prescott (3.0e)

and the mobo is fine so...

Zalman CNPS7000A-Cu
    here

it should fit.

use this with it

3. Software & Hardware   -   #3
    Poster
    Thanks atividia and what do you think of this mobo you think it would do good?

4. Software & Hardware   -   #4
    clocker's Avatar Shovel Ready
    Any Arctic Silver product (3, 5, or Ceramique) will be fine...just be sure that it is real Arctic Silver and not the fakes found all over the place.

I am amazed and pleased by ATI's recommendation of the 7000cu ( I have one myself, but it is not the most popular HS in other forums I frequent), but you should be aware that it's prime design goal was to be a good cooler while also being very quiet.
    There are other HSs which will cool slightly better ( maybe) at the cost of higher noise levels, like the Thermalright SP series or even the Gigabyte heatpipe towers.

My current favorite solution, which has all the various factors covered ( good, stable heat dissapation, good looks and quiet operation) is the Zalman Reserator.
    My local MicroCenter has had one set up and running for about a week now on the machine that they use as a jukebox in the "Upgrades" area.
    Yes, it is kinda pricey ($250), and it is giant, but it is beautifully made and looks great. Completely silent, too.
    I burned MBM5 to a CD and talked the department head into loading it and have been checking the temps when I go by.
    Much better than the Aquarius III set up they had before ( no surprise there) and so far, dead stable.

I'd get it if I could.
    "I am the one who knocks."- Heisenberg

5. Software & Hardware   -   #5
    abu_has_the_power's Avatar I have cool stars
    clockers rite. i'd go with arctic silver 5, but if u're new at this, ceramque might be better. also, for ur mobo, abit 875 max II will do just bout the same stuff. if u want to spend that much $, the abit 875 max III is really good. i think it's better than the p4c800c, but thats just me

6. Software & Hardware   -   #6
    Poster
    thanks for the reply clocker and ati do you think that the zalman CNPS7000A-Cu will be good for overclocking? i havent overclocked before so ill have to learn more about that.

7. Software & Hardware   -   #7
    Poster
    thanks abu i was thinking about trying it

8. Software & Hardware   -   #8
    Poster
    I think Ill get a 2.8e prescott and overclock it thatnks for the replys guys

9. Software & Hardware   -   #9
    clocker's Avatar Shovel Ready
    DBS,

I run my 2600+ clocked at 2.3 GHz (I can go higher, but I'd have to raise the vCore, which I don't want to do) and the Zalman does wonderfully well temp-wise.

Any combination that you end up with is going to require a lot of tinkering with to optimise...there is no such thing as perfect-out-of-the-box.
    All air-cooled rigs demand some work, it's part of the fun, especially if you plan on clocking up.
    "I am the one who knocks."- Heisenberg

10. Software & Hardware   -   #10
    Poster
    thanks clocker. hey abu would it be a big difference in performance if i got the max 3 over the max 2?

Page 1 of 7 1234 ... LastLast