Thread: Another Question

BANNED
    hi guys, I recently reformatted my hd because of serious spyware, and was wondering what the best spyware remover was.

btw, ad-aware 6.0 build 182 and spybot 1.2 found nothing.

2. Software & Hardware   -   #2
    if you had both of those running and uptodate, then it wasnt spyware/ addware mate

they are the best 2 on the market by far

3. Software & Hardware   -   #3
    SpySweeper is fast, and usually finds more than the other two mentioned. It is also not really directly attacked by some spyware like Ad-aware is. The only down side is that it is shareware and not free. You can find it online if you know what I mean.

-- Xero Grid --
    <span style='color:green'>Supertrick XG Forums</span> | Supertrick XG - Your solution to ads, pop-ups, malicious code, and the rest of the garbage just floating around the web.

4. Software & Hardware   -   #4
    BANNED
    Originally posted by Xero Grid@9 May 2004 - 02:53
    SpySweeper is fast, and usually finds more than the other two mentioned. It is also not really directly attacked by some spyware like Ad-aware is. The only down side is that it is shareware and not free. You can find it online if you know what I mean.

-- Xero Grid --
    i&#39;m "trying" it now

5. Software & Hardware   -   #5
    Pest Patrol Corporate is a very powerful scanner/remover. It even found two things that Spybot and Adaware missed. Its just expensive, but can also be "tested" indefinately if you find it (PM me if you REALLY can&#39;t find it)

6. Software & Hardware   -   #6
    Originally posted by bulio@9 May 2004 - 01:42
    hi guys, I recently reformatted my hd because of serious spyware, and was wondering what the best spyware remover was.

btw, ad-aware 6.0 build 182 and spybot 1.2 found nothing.
    Are you sure you have updated them. I find people sometimes fail to do that

7. Software & Hardware   -   #7

Gotcha.
    Just so you know, the "actual" trial version isn&#39;t as fuctional as the full version... I think. I haven&#39;t been using the trial version in quite a while. I just use the full version.
    <span style='color:green'>Supertrick XG Forums</span> | Supertrick XG - Your solution to ads, pop-ups, malicious code, and the rest of the garbage just floating around the web.

8. Software & Hardware   -   #8
    Chewie's Avatar Chew E. Bakke
    I have a CDRW on which I keep the latest versions of Spysweeper, Spybot, Adaware, HijackThis and McAfee&#39;s Stinger. I use it for computers that I visit with malware problems.

edit: spelling
    There isn't a bargepole long enough for me to work on [a Sony Viao] - clocker 2008

9. Software & Hardware   -   #9
    brotherdoobie's Avatar Long live Hissyfit BT Rep: +1
    Originally posted by Chewie UK@9 May 2004 - 05:24
    I have a CDRW on which I keep the latest versions of Spysweeper, Spybot, Adaware, HijackThis and McAfee&#39;s Stinger. I use it for computers that I visit with malware problems.

edit: spelling
    I was wondering if someone was going to mention Hijackthis...cnet

If you don&#39;t want to learn how to read the logs...There are security
    forums that will tell you what to get rid of.

Or you could post it here and I will help you.
    However if you would like to learn to do it on your own here is an excellent
    tutorial...hijackthis help

Good luck.

Peace brotherdoobie