Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345

Thread: People That "get Caught"

MagicNakor's Avatar On the Peripheral
    It's not the music-sharers that are getting caught. It's the movie-sharers. Or so it seems, currently.

things are quiet until hitler decides he'd like to invade russia
    so, he does
    the russians are like "OMG WTF D00DZ, STOP TKING"
    and the germans are still like "omg ph34r n00bz"
    the russians fall back, all the way to moscow
    and then they all begin h4xing, which brings on the russian winter
    the germans are like "wtf, h4x"
    -- WW2 for the l33t

2. File Sharing   -   #42
    I think that's due to Valenti, the MPAA czar.

3. File Sharing   -   #43
    Originally posted by MagicNakor@18 March 2003 - 09:14
    It's not the music-sharers that are getting caught. It's the movie-sharers. Or so it seems, currently.

No doubt.. thats where the "big money" is. I read articles all the time in mags, newspapers, etc ..and it always threatens yet a "better mousetrap".. more intimidation, and scare tactics, against p2p programs and their users. The truth of the matter is that p2p users are getting alot more sophisticated in "covering their tracks"..and its getting harder to catch them, especially when they take advantage of the precautions that are available to them.

There is always a risk of "getting caught"..some people are willing to take the risk, others aren't. I will continue to share my files with ANYONE who wants them.. sure, I may get caught eventually, inspite of the precautions I take..thats a risk I take.

What are they gonna do ? threaten to terminate my internet account..?? Now, if I got caught with a half a million bogus copies of the latest screener in my garage..
    that would be quite a different matter.

Dont let these people scare you with "unimagined consequences" if you get caught sharing a disk, because in reality, there is very little that they can do to you.

This post is solely my opinion and is not directed at anyone in particular, its posted here for all to read.. and to comment on if you so desire. >F

4. File Sharing   -   #44
    Poster
    i agree take what steps you can..

however just a side point some people download for there own personal use which is what i do...i think the biggest threat is those who download then burn and sell the disk's at computer fairs, second hand fairs or where ever they might do it.

i am sure the law enforcer's are more interested in these people that sell rather than just download and keep on machine to play at your pleasure

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345