Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Why I Will Be Rooting For George Bush

Biggles's Avatar Looking for loopholes
    I detect a hint of Hegelian philosophy in the above argument.

Alas, if only it were that clear cut. As someone pointed out, the ghost of Thatcher stirs (brrrrr..) History repeats itself because no sod will listen - either that or time casts a gentle rose tinted fog over the past.

There are people who still say "Hitler did not have it all wrong"

I would suggest that proponents of "literally earth shattering...experiments" are a pain in the arse and should be avoided at the ballot box at all costs.

Muddling along is not a second best - it is, in this dangerous and imperfect world, the best, the safest and ultimately the most prosperous route for the majority - that is the true inheritance of J. S. Mill - not navel gazing philosophies that seek to covert the world to some prophetic, pseudo religious, economic world order revelation.

errr.... rant over. :-"
    Cogito cogito ergo cogito sum

2. The Drawing Room   -   #12
    Originally posted by Biggles@10 May 2004 - 23:20

Alas, if only it were that clear cut. As someone pointed out, the ghost of Thatcher stirs (brrrrr..) History repeats itself because no sod will listen - either that or time casts a gentle rose tinted fog over the past.

I would suggest that proponents of "literally earth shattering...experiments" are a pain in the arse and should be avoided at the ballot box at all costs.

Muddling along is not a second best - it is, in this dangerous and imperfect world, the best, the safest and ultimately the most prosperous route for the majority - that is the true inheritance of J. S. Mill - not navel gazing philosophies that seek to covert the world to some prophetic, pseudo religious, economic world order revelation.

errr.... rant over. :-"
    Providing that no harm be done...thats the tricky bit.

Best we can hope for is a compromise on utility and a compromise on harm then?

3. The Drawing Room   -   #13
    Rat Faced's Avatar Broken
    Originally posted by Biggles@10 May 2004 - 23:20
    Well, he got the trains running on time, i hear...

I'll get me coat....

An It Harm None, Do What You Will

4. The Drawing Room   -   #14
    clocker's Avatar Shovel Ready
    Originally posted by Rat Faced+10 May 2004 - 17:21--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Rat Faced @ 10 May 2004 - 17:21)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Biggles@10 May 2004 - 23:20
    There are people who still say "Hitler did not have it all wrong"&nbsp;
    Well, he got the trains running on time, i hear...
    [/b][/quote]
    I thought that was Mussolini, but your point remains....
    "I am the one who knocks."- Heisenberg

5. The Drawing Room   -   #15
    Busyman's Avatar Use Logic Or STFU!!!
    Originally posted by Biggles@10 May 2004 - 19:20

There are people who still say "Hitler did not have it all wrong"&nbsp;

&nbsp; errr.... rant over.&nbsp; &nbsp; :-"
    What? I know what Hegelian is but who the hell is JS Mill?

Jeez .

Eloquence wasted.

The article is a waste.

Even if Bush is seen later as a bonehead, it doesn&#39;t stop others from following the same path later.

You&#39;ve got people that follow "their party leader" blindly. Their doing it right now.

"Hey shoot this child &#39;cause then....everyone will know you&#39;re an asshole."

The article is the ultimate in sarcasm gone awry. The writer needs to shut the fuck up. His title is for sensationalism.
    Silly bitch, your weapons cannot harm me. Don't you know who I am? I'm the Juggernaut, Bitchhhh!

Flies Like An Arrow, Flies Like An Apple
    ---12323---4552-----
    2133--STRENGTH--8310
    344---5--5301---3232

6. The Drawing Room   -   #16
    Cyclepath

As always, it is a muddle through. There are few actions or inactions that bring either no harm or no good. The tricky thing in Utilitarism is always that net calculation.

Busyman

"Seen later as a bonehead"? Where does the later fit in?

7. The Drawing Room   -   #17
    sArA's Avatar Ex-Moderatererer

8. The Drawing Room   -   #18
    Busyman's Avatar Use Logic Or STFU!!!
    Originally posted by Biggles@11 May 2004 - 15:32
    Cyclepath

As always, it is a muddle through. There are few actions or inactions that bring either no harm or no good. The tricky thing in Utilitarism is always that net calculation.

Busyman

"Seen later as a bonehead"? Where does the later fit in?
    Nice try Biggles. wasted.... What the hell is Utilitarism? wasted.
    You mean Utilitarianism? W...T...F&#33;&#33;&#33;

I agree wholeheartedly with the "later" comment though.
    Silly bitch, your weapons cannot harm me. Don't you know who I am? I'm the Juggernaut, Bitchhhh!

Flies Like An Arrow, Flies Like An Apple
    ---12323---4552-----
    2133--STRENGTH--8310
    344---5--5301---3232

9. The Drawing Room   -   #19
    Originally posted by Busyman+11 May 2004 - 21:07--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Busyman @ 11 May 2004 - 21:07)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Biggles@11 May 2004 - 15:32
    Cyclepath

Busyman

"Seen later as a bonehead"? Where does the later fit in?&nbsp;
    Nice try Biggles. wasted.... What the hell is Utilitarism? wasted.
    You mean Utilitarianism? W...T...F&#33;&#33;&#33;

I agree wholeheartedly with the "later" comment though. [/b][/quote]

Ooops&#33; I appear to have invented a new political philosophy. I have mixed my 19th century politics with Braer Rabbit (perhaps no bad thing).

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12