Thread: Windows Me

my computer has a socket error and i can't log on to my internet,how do i fix this problem.my computer is not under warranty so i need to pay for microsoft to help me out please can someone answer me in the next 10 minutes?

2. Software & Hardware   -   #2

3. Software & Hardware   -   #3
    Storm's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +3
    you're best bet would be to get either win98 or 2000/XP

solve a hell of a lotta problems..............
    great FTP site for awesome quality video clips
    yeah, you have to sign up, but its worth it

4. Software & Hardware   -   #4
    please can someone please try and help me out?and changing my windows is not an option.please i need help.my internet provider said i have a 0 socket error.every time i enter the internet it says the page cannot be displayed.please

5. Software & Hardware   -   #5
    tesco's Avatar woowoo
    Originally posted by johnq86@9 May 2004 - 20:58
    please can someone please try and help me out?and changing my windows is not an option.please i need help.my internet provider said i have a 0 socket error.every time i enter the internet it says the page cannot be displayed.please
    backup important stuff, format and reinstall?

6. Software & Hardware   -   #6
    Although, Windows ME is the bane of my existance, I think you should try WinsockFix.

It should work, but ME is just too unpredictable.... In any case, I hope it works out.

-- Xero Grid --
    <span style='color:green'>Supertrick XG Forums</span> | Supertrick XG - Your solution to ads, pop-ups, malicious code, and the rest of the garbage just floating around the web.

7. Software & Hardware   -   #7
    the link does not work please give me one that works.please can someone help me out i can&#39;t reformat so i need some real help

8. Software & Hardware   -   #8
    4play's Avatar knob jockey
    xero grid gave you the name of the app you need to fix this and you never tried googling it

here

9. Software & Hardware   -   #9
    The link works.
    Here&#39;s a direct link.
    Here&#39;s the zipped file.

-- Xero Grid --
    <span style='color:green'>Supertrick XG Forums</span> | Supertrick XG - Your solution to ads, pop-ups, malicious code, and the rest of the garbage just floating around the web.