Thread: Damn Tmpgenc!

Poster
    okay heres my problem I was just encoding a 700 mb movie to dvd (m2v+wav) and i was about 94% done and all of a sudden my computer froze now what im wondering is, if its possiible for me to continue my encoding from that 94% cause i dont much feel like spending another 11 hours encoding this movie again. thanks for any help in advance. oh and by the way I already checked the movie for screwy frame rates with divxrepair and no probs came up so i doubt thats the problem.

2. Software & Hardware   -   #2
    Retired
    I think you need to start all over again...

3. Software & Hardware   -   #3
    Originally posted by dbs@9 May 2004 - 23:05
    okay heres my problem I was just encoding a 700 mb movie to dvd (m2v+wav) and i was about 94% done and all of a sudden my computer froze now what im wondering is, if its possiible for me to continue my encoding from that 94% cause i dont much feel like spending another 11 hours encoding this movie again. thanks for any help in advance. oh and by the way I already checked the movie for screwy frame rates with divxrepair and no probs came up so i doubt thats the problem.
    just out of intrest , give us your computer specs , eg ram , mobo ect

just interested , cause i get the same problem sometimes , and i was wondering if it maybe mobo related ?

4. Software & Hardware   -   #4
    Poster
    isnt cce much faster than Tmpgenc?

5. Software & Hardware   -   #5
    Poster
    whats cce?

6. Software & Hardware   -   #6
    Twist3r
    god i hate encoding movies it takes so damn long!!!

7. Software & Hardware   -   #7
    Poster
    cce= cinema craft encoder

8. Software & Hardware   -   #8
    muchspl2
    div fix is old and busted, i would be very very suprised if you didn't have a bad frame or 2, run it throu moviefixer http://www.tucows.com/preview/323038.html
    I have never gone back to divx repair after it found several problems I was having with an avi (sync problems)

9. Software & Hardware   -   #9
    vivitron 15's Avatar Poster
    cce is supposed to be quicker, though i think its more aimed towards mpeg-2 with high res
    <insert signature here>