Thread: Sharing Fake Files?

manker's Avatar effendi
    I left the PC on last night to download Van Helsing - dling films isn't something I normally do, so forgive any apparent n00bishness - By the morning I'd received CD2 in full but CD1 was still getting here. Now, I decided to check the quality of it to see if it was watchable and I was a bit miffed to see that it was just a blank screen. I then opened it using vlc to see if that would work but, alas, it didn't. More black blankness. (It's the same with previwing CD1 in vlc too btw)

Not wanting to give up I decided to look for alternative copies that I hoped would not prove to be blank but I was a little surprised to find that all of the copies of the film I found had comments such as "BLANK PIECE OF SHIT", "don't download - waste of 4 fukkin days" and "wont work" I hadn't noticed this before I started my downloads but it strikes me as odd. If this is the case WHY are these people still sharing the file? in some cases there are upwards of 50 people sharing a file which doesn't work...wtf?? not only are they wasting my bandwidth but their's too.

Umm this is where the "perhaps I'm just stupid..." part comes in but if this isn't the case and the files ( TEG_VCD VAN HELSING CD2 DIVX.avi and TEG VAN HELSING CD1 DIVX.avi ) are not fake and DO actually work. what do I need to do?

manker

2. File Sharing   -   #2
    Well, they were sharing the file WITH the warning to be helpful to the next guy/gal who is going to download it.

Umm this is where the "perhaps I'm just stupid..." part comes in but if this isn't the case and the files ( TEG_VCD VAN HELSING CD2 DIVX.avi and TEG VAN HELSING CD1 DIVX.avi ) are not fake and DO actually work. what do I need to do?
    Open the file in Gspot to see what codecs were used to encode the file.
    The kazaalite codec pack is quite comprehensive.

3. File Sharing   -   #3
    manker's Avatar effendi
    hehe yeah. I guess that does count for something.

I suppose I was posting more out of annoyance that a person would go to the trouble of compiling and uploading two 480mb files than the proliferation of the files. bah. anyway thanks for the heads up wrt gspot. it reports that all is well with the file. it worked just as it was supposed too

manker
    I plan on beating him to death with his kids. I'll use them as a bludgeon on his face. -

--Good for them if they survive.