Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: This Is Retarded

BANNED
    Originally posted by SamsonC@14 May 2004 - 18:15
    hey, dont make fun of me because i dont spend most my time on the computer, no offense to you guys.
    nobody is makeing fun of you, first off find out how you are connecting to the internet

2. File Sharing   -   #32
    UcanRock2's Avatar Phantom Gander
    Originally posted by muchspl2@13 May 2004 - 06:13
    this thread made me laugh, thanks guys
    Me too!

3. File Sharing   -   #33
    hey muscleman, whats soo good about kazaa lite tools???

4. File Sharing   -   #34
    Poster
    Hopefully, i can clear this whole situation up guys since yes, MM I am a Network admin for the 12 comps that connect to my house.

One Samson has made no mention that he was at work, or a place that required a network admin. Hence it must be a House

Two If two computers are on at the same time, it doesnt mean he has a router, He could have a Smoothwall box, or unix/linux box acting as a DHCP server/gateway.

Third i will ask samson a question. Do you have Two dsl modem's or just one. I ask this because your isp will always give ya another modem for some extra money on the bill.

4 JetJe is very much right about his opinons, his probably knows the same ampunt as i do.

5 Samson i ask for you to check this for me, the ethernet coard coming from outside your computer. Follow it, and post back to say what is the cord connecting to. Like does it say a brand company etc. If it is connecting to the cable modem only, It is not your problem.

6 If a download is slow 1 Max out the sources to 999 2 Dont share your bandwith to uploads to much. 3 If you do this and it still is the same. Its the fastrack network, and the loss of the supernodes. Blame the RIAA, and Sharman networks, for killing thier network

5. File Sharing   -   #35
    BANNED
    Originally posted by Ricky_1146@15 May 2004 - 23:51
    Hopefully, i can clear this whole situation up guys since yes, MM I am a Network admin for the 12 comps that connect to my house.

One Samson has made no mention that he was at work, or a place that required a network admin. Hence it must be a House

Two If two computers are on at the same time, it doesnt mean he has a router, He could have a Smoothwall box, or unix/linux box acting as a DHCP server/gateway.

Third i will ask samson a question. Do you have Two dsl modem's or just one. I ask this because your isp will always give ya another modem for some extra money on the bill.

4 JetJe is very much right about his opinons, his probably knows the same ampunt as i do.

5 Samson i ask for you to check this for me, the ethernet coard coming from outside your computer. Follow it, and post back to say what is the cord connecting to. Like does it say a brand company etc. If it is connecting to the cable modem only, It is not your problem.

6 If a download is slow 1 Max out the sources to 999 2 Dont share your bandwith to uploads to much. 3 If you do this and it still is the same. Its the fastrack network, and the loss of the supernodes. Blame the RIAA, and Sharman networks, for killing thier network

i already said that by network admin i mean the person in charge of making sure those 2 computers at home get on line

6. File Sharing   -   #36
    ok, only 1 computer has 1 modem, i only have 1 modem, the other computer has no connection what so ever. the computer without the connection is barely on,

7. File Sharing   -   #37
    Poster
    Originally posted by SamsonC@18 May 2004 - 01:08
    ok, only 1 computer has 1 modem, i only have 1 modem, the other computer has no connection what so ever. the computer without the connection is barely on,
    Nice one, SamsonC!

All that erudition from the sages and mages and there aint never no network!

Go back to square one (or rather two and three)!

If you only got one download source for Van Halen's Right Now then you hit the unlucky tree with a vengeance.

As an alternative search for the movie Ice Age and download the one with the most sources (should be 711608 megs).

Stop searching and restart search for 2 minutes.

Wait 5 minutes and see what speed you get.

If it is still slow then follow MMs advice on switching supernodes.
    DOWNLOADING IS FUN - SHARING IS SUBLIME
    When all else fails - read the instructions!!!
    LEEDS UNITED - WE'LL BE BACK

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234