Thread: Splinter Cell 3 Announced Dudes

Poster
    Ubisoft, one of the world's largest video game publishers, today announced that Ubisoft's Montreal studio is currently developing Tom Clancy's Splinter CellŪ 3 (Working Title), the next installment in the now-legendary Splinter CellŪ franchise. The Splinter CellŪ titles have consistently received some of industry's highest-ever review scores and most prestigious awards, and have sold, cumulatively, more than 6 million copies worldwide. Splinter CellŪ 3 will be shown for the first time ever in a theater-style demo at Ubisoft's E3 booth -- #1046 in the South Hall of the Los Angeles Convention Center, and is scheduled for a PC launch in late 2004. Details on other platforms will be forthcoming.

With Splinter CellŪ 3, Ubisoft's celebrated Montreal development studio returns to the legendary Splinter CellŪ franchise, for an action gaming breakthrough. With the first Splinter CellŪ, Ubisoft redefined stealth action and set new standards for dynamic lighting; Tom Clancy's Splinter CellŪ Pandora Tomorrow delivered an online multiplayer experience that awed even jaded gamers, and Splinter CellŪ 3 will continue the tradition of pushing the interactive and technological possibilities of video gaming. It will offer the best graphics in this generation of games, a completely immersive and interactive environment, innovative gameplay and a completely unique collaborative multiplayer experience. Splinter CellŪ 3's features - all courtesy of cutting edge visual and sound technologies - will set an industry benchmark once again.

"With Splinter CellŪ 3, the series evolves to give gamers a new kind of gameplay that ensures the Splinter Cell franchise will continue to set standards for the industry," said Yves Guillemot, President and CEO of Ubisoft. "We expect Splinter CellŪ 3 to be the best-looking game on any platform, period, thanks to Ubisoft's incredible command of the latest technologies and visionary creativity - after all, we created the first Splinter CellŪ, which completely redefined stealth action."

About Tom Clancy's Splinter CellŪ 3

The year is 2008. Information Warfare has evolved into the most dangerous threat to global stability. You are Sam Fisher, Third Echelon's most skilled Splinter CellŪ operative. You are assigned to execute a hazardous series of operations to investigate and eliminate a new source of information attacks, originating in North Korea. To succeed, you will employ a host of unconventional counterintelligence activities to gather intel, disrupt enemy operations and neutralize adversary targets.

As Information Warfare evolves, so must the Splinter CellŪ. You must penetrate deeper into hostile territory and operate undetected, closer to the enemy than ever before. At your disposal is a lethal array of tactics ranging from Combat Knife techniques, experimental prototype weapons skills, and more radical hand-to-hand techniques such as the Inverted Chokehold. Experience the thrill of acting as a lone operative fighting tomorrow's threats in the field, and of cooperating online with a partner to accomplish crucial missions. Die in action, and the free world dies with you.

KEY GAMEPLAY FEATURES

DEADLY AGILITY: Incredibly complete and fluid variety of moves including athletic and stealth moves, as well as stealth kills

AS GOOD AS REAL: Never-before-seen graphics technology offers the best visuals ever to appear on any platform. Advanced physics engine allows rag doll physics, particle effects and perfect interaction with the environment

REAL WEAPONS OF TOMORROW: The most complete arsenal of weapons and gadgets, from the combat knife to experimental prototype combat systems

AMAZING REPLAYABILITY: Totally open level design with multipaths and optional secondary objectives

ULTIMATE CHALLENGE: Intelligent all-new A.I. with personal attributes, natural behavior where non-playable-characters are aware of their environment and remember past events

CO-OP STEALTH: Play multiplayer with a friend and coordinate your infiltration in an all new multiplayer challenge

THRILLING SCENARIO: Gut-wrenching in-game sequences. Gripping plot with multiple twists and turns

Taken from gamezone.com. 4 those splinter cell fans, 3 cheers i say!
    The most addicktive music in the world is...William hung's!! Nah jk he can just suck my hotdog.

2. Games   -   #2
    asmithz's Avatar Hi-Definition
    I hope it gets better, it was a dissapointment when pandora came out.

3. Games   -   #3
    Lick My Lovepump
    I thought they were calling this one Splinter Cell 2, but oh well.

Pandora Tomorow wasn't a real game; it was a standalone expansion pack type thing that was made for multiplayer.

4. Games   -   #4
    Originally posted by Mad Cat@10 May 2004 - 22:21
    I thought they were calling this one Splinter Cell 2, but oh well.

Pandora Tomorow wasn't a real game; it was a standalone expansion pack type thing that was made for multiplayer.
    Thats what I thought

Ive never seen SC 2 on the shelves
    Need a cheap/easy way of modding your xbox? Check this out.

5. Games   -   #5
    Has anyone seen the in-game screenshots for this game.They look fantastic!!