Thread: Going Over Old Ground

keyser_soze's Avatar Poster
    I know this has probably been done to death on here but I need to know I have avi I want to convert to dvd, on my pc I have pinnacle studio 9, tempgenc plus and cucsoft avi to.........nero 6 and audio dub, so far I've tried converting with audiodub and tempgenc plus but I always get a unknown file error is this a codec problem and do I need to d/load codecs to sort out this problem? I have used tempgenc plus before for converting dv off camcorder and sort of know my way round it but I've heard that I would also need to use other software to encode the audio file then piece them back together is this true aswell? Out of the software I have mentioned so far is which in the boards opinion is the best way of going about it and is there an all singing all dancing piece of software which will do all of the process in 1 go as I don't mind getting?

Anyway sorry for opening old noob wounds :helpsmile: me out and I'll soon be out of yout hair

2. Movies & TV   -   #2
    Its ok I've had a breakthrough, I've just realised I don't need codecs for each program, now that I've d/loaded the codec the avi now works with all my software, anybody got any links for info about encoding the sound with tempgenc plus though? I've seen it somewhere but can't find it again.

3. Movies & TV   -   #3
    Poster
    Its simpler to get a DVD player that reads MPG4 files and then watch the "raw" avi's.
    DOWNLOADING IS FUN - SHARING IS SUBLIME
    When all else fails - read the instructions!!!
    LEEDS UNITED - WE'LL BE BACK

4. Movies & TV   -   #4
    Yeah I would say it would be a lot less strain my head I'm getting there now though, I've tried a few time limited demos I'm just seeing which works best for me, so far I like and hear a lot og good things about TEMPGEnc but I'm still checking out what the sound problem is.