Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Gasoline Reached $2 A Gallon Today In America!

jetje's Avatar former star
    1 US gallon = ~3.8 litres * € 1,29 = € 4,90 (price from today)

4.90 DutchEURO = 5.82309 United States Dollars

minimum wages is aroun € 4,20 an hour

btw nice link for currency convertion:
    The Universal Currency Converter ®

2. The Drawing Room   -   #12
    BigBank_Hank's Avatar Move It On Over
    With gas prices high like they are and expected to go higher I guess everyone who said that we invaded because of oil might have gotten it wrong. If we would have invaded purely for oil we surely wouldn't be paying this much for gas.

3. The Drawing Room   -   #13
    vidcc's Avatar there is no god
    Originally posted by BigBank_Hank@12 May 2004 - 09:52
    With gas prices high like they are and expected to go higher I guess everyone who said that we invaded because of oil might have gotten it wrong. If we would have invaded purely for oil we surely wouldn't be paying this much for gas.
    One of the reason for the high prices is the fact that we are still in conflict hank. The day the original gulf war started prices rose sharply beacause of "fears" over oil supply even though it didn't actually affect the supply in reality. Think yourself lucky that our prices went down after...in the UK the government took the opportunity to raise the fuel tax as the price went down so the driver didn't see any reduction.
    There will always be a multitude of reasons for raising prices, i mean just look at how our prices go up each summer and yet the predicted shortage due to demand never materialises.
    the arguement about going to war over oil was about supply...not price.

I for one am not going to moan about the cost here in the states, at least we don't have to pay the tax they do elsewhere, as i pointed out in a previous thread

it’s an election with no Democrats, in one of the whitest states in the union, where rich candidates pay $35 for your votes. Or, as Republicans call it, their vision for the future.

4. The Drawing Room   -   #14
    CrumbCat's Avatar Cachaça or Cachaça
    Must be nice to live in Kentucky.......it took until 11 May for it to reach $2.00 there......lucky people

Yes, you have said it before "California has and gets everything first"

Included in that is that we are the first to get the high prices as well.....been paying over $2.00 for a while now:

April 13, 2004

Grady County - The price of gasoline is expected to top $2.00 a gallon this summer. It looks like that price will reach Thomas and Grady counties first.

Sherri Futch doesn't understand why prices are always higher here than in other South Georgia towns. She says, "I don't get it either. Why shouldn't they be cheaper? They say that their hands are tied. They don't know why it's like that."

Neither does James Crawford. He says people should band together to get the prices lowered.  "It really has to do with what the people put up with, because if you continue to pay that price for it, yeah they'll keep it there, and raise it up too."

Stations can charge higher prices because consumers don't have much of a choice. Even though gas is up to four cents lower in Valdosta, the drive is 45 minutes. To save even more money, you could drive to Albany, but that would take an hour. And forget about going to Tallahassee for a break in price, it's ten cents more a gallon there

Bill Snyder says that's why he comes to Grady County to buy gas, and will continue to buy gas regardless of the price.

He says, "We're not going to stop buying gas, we'll just have to keep paying the price."

A price that continues to rise. The current average price of gas in Georgia is $1.65 per gallon. In California, it averages $2.20 per gallon.
    From: http://www.walb.com/Global/story.asp...5&nav=5kZQMGe8

Edit:

Here ya go...

.....^ $2.89 a gallon - not so uncommon here today....although I have NEVER used Full serve in my life - wont even use it when I retire, because if one cannot pump their own gas, one shouldn't be behind the wheel.

5. The Drawing Room   -   #15
    sArA's Avatar Ex-Moderatererer
    Ahhhh to have cheap fuel.....the bliss of being in the USA.

Here in the UK we are basically stung for everything....fuel, fags, booze all the things that make life pleasurable....

The only things that are cheap are the women!

Not really!

6. The Drawing Room   -   #16
    Busyman's Avatar Use Logic Or STFU!!!
    Get a BJ Wholesale Club, Sam's Club, or Costco membership.

Verify that they have a gas station near you.

I use BJ's in Waldorf, MD and save about 20-30 cents per gallon.
    Silly bitch, your weapons cannot harm me. Don't you know who I am? I'm the Juggernaut, Bitchhhh!

Flies Like An Arrow, Flies Like An Apple
    ---12323---4552-----
    2133--STRENGTH--8310
    344---5--5301---3232

7. The Drawing Room   -   #17
    Originally posted by vidcc+12 May 2004 - 12:48--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (vidcc @ 12 May 2004 - 12:48)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-BigBank_Hank@12 May 2004 - 09:52
    With gas prices high like they are and expected to go higher I guess everyone who said that we invaded because of oil might have gotten it wrong. If we would have invaded purely for oil we surely wouldn&#39;t be paying this much for gas.
    One of the reason for the high prices is the fact that we are still in conflict hank. The day the original gulf war started prices rose sharply beacause of "fears" over oil supply even though it didn&#39;t actually affect the supply in reality. Think yourself lucky that our prices went down after...in the UK the government took the opportunity to raise the fuel tax as the price went down so the driver didn&#39;t see any reduction.
    There will always be a multitude of reasons for raising prices, i mean just look at how our prices go up each summer and yet the predicted shortage due to demand never materialises.
    the arguement about going to war over oil was about supply...not price.

I for one am not going to moan about the cost here in the states, at least we don&#39;t have to pay the tax they do elsewhere, as i pointed out in a previous thread [/b][/quote]
    Your and others pointed out many times the only reason for invasion was oil. If that was the only reason we wouldn&#39;t be concerned with building a new country. We&#39;d have hook up to the oil lines first and foremost and worried about everything else later. We went to great lengths not to have the pipelines and refineries blown up because they belong to the Iraqi people. The money from the oil they sell will go to rebuilding their country.

8. The Drawing Room   -   #18
    Rat Faced's Avatar Broken
    The money from the oil they sell will go to rebuilding their country.
    No, the money from the oil they sell, will be to pay for the American Companies that came in to rebuild their country.... sometimes the very Companies that made a profit on selling the Munitions that destroyed their country...

They had no choice as to who did the work, the American Government chose them...

They are therefore forced to accept American Companies paying their American Employees &#036;8000 per month for non skilled labour, and where these are at a shortage these companies will consider employing Iraqi&#39;s @ &#036;100 per month.

Anywhere else in the world this is called extortion, and deservedly usually winds up in a Jail Sentence...

Welcome to America

An It Harm None, Do What You Will

9. The Drawing Room   -   #19
    Originally posted by Tikibonbon+12 May 2004 - 13:35--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Tikibonbon @ 12 May 2004 - 13:35)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-2nd gen noob@12 May 2004 - 04:30
    Oh, and if I may be so bold as to point out that Americans are doing no good to the world&#39;s oil resevres (no doubt pushing prices up) by driving such uneconomical cars as they do (SUVs getting 14mpg and such like...)
    funny, the engines that are this gus guzzling, are designed by non-americans, hmm [/b][/quote]
    I must have missed the story on Ford, Chevy, GM etc becoming non-American, care to refresh my memory?

10. The Drawing Room   -   #20
    All the refineries that they had were very out of date so we&#39;re spending a ton of money to update those refineries and get them online. The sooner they come back online the sooner money can start flowing back into the country.

Companies are also charging more to send workers over there because of the conditions they have to work in. I don&#39;t know if you&#39;ve noticed but kidnapping is a big deal there. These guys are in just as much danger as the combatants are. You can&#39;t expect someone to go over there and risk their life and get paid practically nothing.

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast